Search Page | Back to Results
Bear Trap Ranch offers a unique opportunity for a hands-on internship working directly with Bear Trap's Facilities Manager. This position would begin late Winter or early Spring of 2019. Start date is flexible. The internship ends mid November of 2019.
Major Responsibilities include:
Assisting the Facilities Director with maintaining the buildings and grounds in a manner consistent with the quality standards of Bear Trap Ranch by:
- Assuring that facilities, vehicles and machinery are working properly
- Assisting with remodeling projects
- Operation of light and heavy equipment
- Assisting in several areas of recreational support (rappelling, rock climbing, hikes)
- Becoming familiar with the “Leave no trace” requirements for the US Forest Service.
- Assisting with the operation of fresh water and waste water treatment facilities.
- Trouble-shooting in all areas: electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, mechanics (vehicles and small engine) including grounds and buildings.
You also have opportunities for:
- Developing a Biblical work ethic by working for, and alongside, other Christians.
- Acquiring new skills.
- Discovering new interests and aptitudes from doing a wide variety of jobs.
- Developing leadership skills in supervising others.
- Summer Staff devotions, small groups, organized outings, recreation and worship.
- Serving God and others in a Christian community
Updated: 10/11/2018 4:44:10 PM