Search Page | Back to Results
Bear Trap Ranch offers a unique opportunity for a hands-on internship working directly with Bear Trap's Facilities Manager. This position would begin now 2023. Start date is flexible. The internship potentially ends mid November of 2023 with the possibility of an extension based on skill set and customer bookings..
Major Responsibilities include:
Assisting the Facilities Manager with maintaining the buildings and grounds in a manner consistent with the quality standards of Bear Trap Ranch by:
- Assuring that facilities, vehicles and machinery are working properly
- Assisting with remodeling projects
- Operation of light and heavy equipment
- Assisting in several areas of recreational support (rappelling, rock climbing, hikes)
- Becoming familiar with the “Leave no trace” requirements for the US Forest Service.
- Assisting with the operation of fresh water and waste water treatment facilities.
- Trouble-shooting in all areas: electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, mechanics (vehicles and small engine) including grounds and buildings.
You also have opportunities for:
- Developing a Biblical work ethic by working for, and alongside, other Christians.
- Acquiring new skills.
- Discovering new interests and aptitudes from doing a wide variety of jobs.
- Developing leadership skills in supervising others.
- Summer Staff devotions, small groups, organized outings, recreation and worship.
- Serving God and others in a Christian community
Updated: 7/22/2023 10:24:17 AM