Search Page | Back to Results
Maintenance / Waterfront Crew LTE
Full time for up to one year with some health and holiday benefits.
A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, a desire to grow spiritually and have an interest in exploring a future in camping ministry.
• Perform regular cleaning of guest cabins, meeting rooms & bathroom facilities.
• Serve as a certified lifeguard at our ocean waterfront helping CBS guests.
• Provide on-going upkeep of CBS grounds including waterfront & recreation areas.
• Assist CBS guests with kayaks, snorkel shop & other recreation gear.
• Assist in the transportation of food, supplies, equipment & waste to/from CBS.
• Have a willingness to learn new skills.
• Have a “guest first” attitude and work ethic.
• Works well under the daily guidance of the Facility Coordinator.
• Operate vehicles & equipment in support of guest activities & on-going operations
• Assist in training other staff & volunteers in proper operation of CBS assets
• Support a variety projects associated with waterfront, buildings & infrastructure
• Annually affirm our Statement of Faith (http://www.intervarsity.org/about/our/our-doctrinal-basis)
• Ability to work 40 hours per week on a varied schedule
• Have good communication skills & a service-oriented attitude
• Physical ability & willingness to serve as a certified lifeguard (training provided)
• Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools & light equipment
• High School graduate, at least 18 years of age
• Ability to stand for long periods & to lift or carry items 50 lbs. or less
• Valid Driver's License
• Have experience in the operation of heavy equipment & vehicles
• Possess knowledge of plumbing, electrical & carpentry principles
• Professional certifications including: Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR & AED
• InterVarsity background or equivalent ministry experience & culture
• College graduate, trade-school certificate or post-secondary coursework
• Preferably at least 21 years of age
• CBS currently has shared housing available only
• There are possible opportunities for advancement in this area
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/29/2019 10:42:59 AM