Search Page | Back to Results
Outdoor Education Instructor
Black Rock Retreat is looking for people who have a passion for working with youth, to teach full time (seasonal) in our Outdoor Education program! This is a seasonal position with variable hours depending on the week. We are a non-denominational facility, with a Summer Camp, Retreat Center, Challenge Ropes Course, and Outdoor Education programs.
We are currently hiring for the Spring Outdoor Education season. This position would begin in March and run through mid June, with the option to stay on for summer. Resident and part time positions available.
The Spring season typically runs late March-June, and the fall season runs mid-August-November. There is potential for part time work year round as well.
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and shows evidence of an active growing faith.
2. Demonstrates a genuine love for working with youth and young adults.
3. Desires to serve the Lord by teaching youth more about our Creator.
4. Is able to provide campers with a model of Christ-centered living.
5. Exhibits servant-oriented leadership in heart, attitude, and behavior (Phil. 2:5-8).
6. Is willing to be accountable to others, being guided by regulations established for daily work, group living, and personal conduct.
7. Exhibits spiritual and emotional maturity.
8. Is able to stay active all day and has the willingness to work hard.
9. Is in agreement with Black Rock's philosophy and policies and desires to serve the Lord by following our motto, “To Know Christ And Make Him Known.”
Experience and/or background in Education, Biology, and Youth Ministry is preferred, however the most important requirement is the desire to impact the lives of young people by sharing the love and gospel of Jesus Christ.
Students in 5th-9th grade from Christian schools come to Black Rock for three days of environmental education classes and/or a challenge ropes course experience. As students look at creation, they come to learn more about their Creator. Instructors teach classes, facilitate the ropes course, run games, lead hikes, and share during devotion times. It is a great opportunity to impact the lives of young people by teaching about God as Creator and Lord of all. Instructors also lead OE programs for homes school and public school students.
Hiring is currently underway; apply now!
For more information or application inquiries, please contact Sara Hilf, Outdoor Education Director, at email@example.com.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Outdoor Education
Updated: 2/2/2023 1:04:41 PM