Search Page | Back to Results
Christian Formation Director
To design and implement a summer Christian Formation Program in conjunction with the Director and weekly chaplains. Working to provide related counseling services to Camp DeWolfe staff and summer campers. Will also support camp staff small groups and be able to support counselors as they prepare evening devotion times.
• Develops summer Christian Formation Program under the theme.
• Will help plan and facilitate parts of staff training.
• Co-coordinating morning devotions program for staff and campers.
• Develop morning “Celebration” program with a mix of fun songs, different speakers, and themes relating to overall camp program and age group.
• Lead evening worship/chapel with a mix of songs, interactive activities, liturgy and messages appropriate for each specific age group.
• Provide resources to all counselors to create cabin devotion times. Will also help monitor cabin devotions to give feedback and advice to counselors.
• Work directly with camp chaplains to integrate their ideas into each specific week of camp.
• Will provide counseling services to campers and staff throughout the summer.
• Expected to attend all staff meetings.
• In keeping with the Community Covenant Policies, Interns are expected to lead and maintain a positive, safe, nurturing environment, free of bullying and free of all inappropriate physical contact. Interns must report all unsafe situations and events as well as all interventions to the Program Director.
• Set a good example for all staff and campers and others including appropriate language and dress, personality cleanliness, punctuality, the sharing of clean-up and other chores, compliance with the ban of use of tobacco products, alcohol and drugs, and display of good sportsmanship and proper table manners.
• Teach the camp rules to each new session of campers and help enforce them.
• Encourage a positive spirit within the counselor team and cabin groups and participate along with their staff in group events and program activities, as appropriate, and in singing camp songs.
• Encourage respect for all other persons, the personal property of others, all camp property, equipment and facilities. Promote good public relations with campers’ parents and visitors.
• As a leader of a Christian community, participate with enthusiasm in chapel, grace and other group worship. Participate and lead weekly prayer groups for staff members.
• Any additional duties or tasks, going above and beyond to make sure campers and staff have a safe and positive experience at Camp DeWolfe.
• Be enrolled in or have completed seminary studies.
• Bachelor’s degree holder or higher.
• 2 years minimum experience working with youth and young adults.
• Experience running a Christian Formation program.
• At least one year of camping experience.
• Flexibility to work in various locations and environments.
• Ability to be highly organized and yet flexible to work with up to 25 staff members.
• Willing to work over 40 hours each week.
• Ability to connect with and serve youth ages 7-17.
• Ability and experience in supervising staff and leadership skills are essential.
• Ability to creatively schedule programs and activities.
• American Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR required in advance.
• Desire and ability to work with children in the outdoors among a Christian community; ability to relate to peer group, accept supervision and guidance, and assist in teaching an activity.
• Good character, integrity, judgment and adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
To apply for this position please complete the application: http://campdewolfe.org/staff-2/
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 9/14/2019 10:41:01 AM