Search Page | Back to Results
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2018 Outdoor Education Season ! ! !
Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds
“Service as tall as our trees”
6250 Bohemian Highway
Occidental, CA 95465
phone: (707) 874-3507 - fax: (707) 874-2509
Title: Program Specialist\Naturalist
Employment Status: Full Time and Seasonal Opportunities
Team: Program Team
Immediate Supervisor: Outdoor Education Supervisor
Team Leader: Program/Guest Services Manager
To instruct 5th and 6th grade children for a week of Outdoor Education during the spring and fall and to facilitate program activities throughout the year, and supporting the needs of the Hospitality, Maintenance, Accommodations and Food Service Departments.
Description of Duties
• Instruct 5th and 6th grade children during the fall and spring in nature and ecology through five classes that involve forest animals, forest ecology, initiatives, streams and ponds.
• Lead trips to the ocean and Armstrong Woods for off-site environmental instructing.
• Beyond the normal activities, Naturalists get to participate in a large variety of evening activities including night hikes, games, and campfires.
• Each naturalist is empowered to develop new material for activities that support the concepts of the program.
• On the job training and participation in workshops with other Naturalists expand the teaching experience.
• Facilitation of challenge course program (Ropes course, climbing walls, mountain biking, pool, archery, canoe/kayaking).
• Serving guests in front office includes answering phones, computer data entry, gift store duties, and maintaining the hospitality area.
• Serving guests in the Maintenance department includes grounds keeping, painting, trail maintenance, landscaping,
• Serving guests in the Accommodations department includes cleaning lodging, bathrooms, meeting rooms, and set up of the same.
• Serving guests in the Food service department by performing line service, cleanup, doing dishes and serving.
• Healthy respect for heights and ability to overcome one’s fear of heights.
• Training provided.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Born-again Christian with a Biblical lifestyle and an interest in maturing in his/her faith
• People skills, team player and servant attitude
• Self-disciplined and reliable
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to handle crisis events and work under authority
• Teaching or facilitating experience
• Physically fit to meet the demands of hiking the trails, and facilitating the various challenge courses
• Communication skills including phone etiquette and basic computer skills
Education / Experience
Education: B.A or B.S. Degree required for Program Naturalist. A degree is not required for Program Specialist; relevant challenge course experience is preferred.
Experience: Experience in teaching, camps or youth work is a plus. Lifeguard and First Aid certification is highly regarded.
**Program Team Benefits**
• Year Round Employment (minimum 48 weeks per year)
• Seasonal Employment Opportunities (minimum 6 months)
• Medical Insurance Premium Paid 100%
• Housing Provided
• Onsite Laundry Facilities
• Paid Relocation Expenses
• Pro Deals
Apply Online: https://allianceredwoods.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Outdoor Education
Updated: 8/9/2018 3:52:24 PM