Search Page | Back to Results
SUMMER STAFF (L.A.S.T. CREW) 2018
SUMMER STAFF (L.A.S.T. CREW)
Full Time Employment
Starting Mid-May, 2018 through mid-August, 2018
Looking for a rewarding summer job working in a Christian Camp ministry?
Alliance Redwoods is looking for people who are interested in impacting lives for Christ by providing "Service as Tall as Our Trees" as L.A.S.T. Crew team members. You will serve our guests needs by operating summer activities/challenge courses and working in Guest Services, Facilities, Accommodations and Food Service departments as necessary.
Our Goal for the summer staff role is to “build up leaders by encountering Christ and community, facilitated through leadership, adventure and service development”.
Description of Program
Grow as a biblical leader and to be effective for Christ.
• Leadership courses. (Outdoor Leadership – Ashley Denton)
• Team Building experiences
• Staff led devotions and Small Group Bible Studies
Jesus taught and lived in a small community. He built up his disciples to be leaders after he was gone. Christ charges us with the same mission. (Math 28:18-20)
Outdoor adventure is a great way to experience God’s creation.
• Facilitation of Activities for groups - High Ropes, challenge courses, Paint Ball, Archery, Life-guarding, etc.
• Backpacking, Kayaking, and Rock Climbing Trips (for staff only)
• Day trips to the Beach, Armstrong Woods, and San Francisco (for staff only)
Jesus taught his disciples while on the move. He brought them out in nature and out of their “Comfort Zone” to grow them spiritually. At Alliance, we see the value of doing that same thing. (Math 4:19-20)
Learn more about hospitality through the service of a camp/conference ground.
• Kitchen – dish washing, serving and cleaning of dining room
• Accommodations – cleaning lodging, restrooms, and meeting room setup
• Housekeeping – Cleaning lodging on “Turn” days
• Maintenance – Grounds keeping, painting, and trail maintenance
We can learn a lot by emulating Christ and how he served. (John 13:12-17)
• Training in all department areas will be provided
• Christian Outdoor Leadership training courses
• Learn skills necessary to facilitate groups in team-building, challenge course, and various other outdoor activities
• Learn how to build Godly community
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Employee must be/have:
• Born-again Christian with a Biblical lifestyle and an interest in maturing in his/her faith
• Demonstrate people skills
• A team player and servant attitude
• Self-disciplined and reliable
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to handle crisis events and work under authority
• Teaching or have facilitating experience
• Physically fit to meet the demands of hiking the trails, and facilitating the various challenge courses
• Communication skills including phone etiquette and basic computer skills
Education / Experience
• Be at least a rising high school senior or currently enrolled in a university program
• Lifeguard/CPR/AED preferred
• Outdoor leadership experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits
• Onsite Housing & Meals
• Fun Work Environment!
• Training is provided
Additional desired qualifications:
Lifeguard certified, EMT, Wilderness First Responder, Canoe/kayaking instructor, Ropes Course Certification, Climbing experience, or Mountain biking experience.
For More Information Please Contact:
Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds
Human Resources Department
6250 Bohemian Highway Occidental, CA 95465
Please visit our website www.allianceredwoods.org for our online application.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 12/8/2017 4:19:49 PM