Search Page | Back to Results
Guest Services Intern
Interns are considered members of the Covenant Harbor staff team. Even though they may be assigned primarily to a specific department, they will receive cross-training in other departments and given responsibilities in various camp departments in order to assist in preparing each intern for future leadership roles at camps, conference centers or in other ministry/service industry positions.
The Intern’s Primary Responsibilities, Duties, and Expectations:
• To have a willingness to assist in fulfilling Covenant Harbor’s Mission Statement through making the experience of campers and retreat guests special.
• To assist in providing God honoring programs and services as outlined by the department supervisor.
• To report to his/her respective supervisor for work assignments.
• To be flexible and willing to learn new ways of completing a specific job responsibility.
• Interns will pursue and “maintain” a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Interns will serve wherever needed regardless of departmental assignment and position description
• Interns will participate in meetings, devotions and programs as scheduled
1) Guest Services
• Supervised by: Guest Services Manager
• Provide hosting and on-call coverage for guest groups.
• Coordinate guest group needs and the communication necessary with other camp departments.
• Meeting room set-up and facility cleaning.
2) Other Short-term Assignments
• Adult Ministry
i) Assist in the implementation and planning of adult programs.
ii) Assisting in the promotion and program development of adult programs.
• Operation Departments (Administrative/Office, Food Service & Housekeeping)
i) Office related tasks when necessary, including answering phones, giving tours, stuffing information packets, helping with bulk mailings, etc.
ii) Food service related duties including dining room set-up, clean-up and washing dishes.
• Demonstrate a living and growing faith in Jesus Christ in life decisions and relationships
• Ability to work with people in a positive, God honoring attitude
• Comfortable speaking to large groups
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Have a strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Interns must be able to lift up and carry up to 60 lbs. and stand for up to three hours at a time.
• Ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
• Ideal candidates will have completed a four year college degree or equivalent experience
• Experience setting and running audio visual equipment (not required)
• Experience with ropes course facilitation, belaying and outdoor education instruction (not required)
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
• Basic first aid, CPR and/or life guard certification preferred (not required)
• Previous camp experience
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 7/8/2019 3:03:06 PM