Search Page | Back to Results
Assistant Summer Camp Director
Responsible for the overall communication between Black Rock Retreat and camper families, community organizations, and staff to maintain and build relationships while improving and expanding the camp programs at Black Rock Retreat. The Assistant Summer Camp Director will come alongside the Summer Camp Director in order to execute all residential programming at Black Rock Retreat. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, recruiting, programing, marketing, supervising staff, and interacting with campers.
1. Has a genuine personal relationship with Jesus Christ that bears evidence of an active, maturing faith and is a good Christian role model.
2. Possesses a love for youth and an enthusiasm for the outdoors with the ability to create an atmosphere that promotes spiritual growth and unity.
3. Is a flexible team player and able to work with and minister to all those we come in contact with at Black Rock, i.e. campers, summer staff, volunteers, camper parents, year round staff, retreat guests, Board members, vendors, etc.
4. Agrees with Black Rock Retreat’s philosophy of ministry, policies, and procedures.
5. Exhibits a servant attitude, counting others as greater than themselves. i.e. Phil. 2:5-8.
5. Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to lead and participate in physical activities.
6. Exhibits creativity in planning, programming, and leading activities for youth.
7. Possesses strong leadership, organizational, administrative, office and computer skills, and is detail oriented.
8. Demonstrates the spiritual, mental, and emotional maturity needed to have sound judgment, and good decision-making abilities.
1. Possesses organizational, programming, and creativity skills.
2. Is knowledgeable and competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other editing software.
3. Has strong leadership qualities and is a good Christian role model.
4. Is flexible and able to work with year-round staff and to work with, lead, and motivate summer staff and campers.
5. Is willing to act in a support role to the Summer Camp Director.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please contact Cole Sommi, Summer Camp Director, at email@example.com
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Assistant Director
Updated: 11/8/2023 11:45:00 AM