Search Page | Back to Results
General Info: This is a full-time executive staff position at Quaker Ridge Camp. The Facilities Director will be expected to live on site in assigned housing and be on duty (or “on call” and available) 24/7 while guest groups are on premises (other than authorized vacation times). Position provides an annual starting salary of $30,000.00 paid in 12 monthly installments on the last business day of each month and includes housing, necessary utilities, cell phone service, and meals with guest groups. Health insurance coverage for employee and dependent family members including dental and optical (optical when available) will be provided by QRC on the first day of the month following hire date. Enrollment in a 403 (B) retirement plan where QRC contributes 8% of the annual salary divided into 4 quarterly payments will also be provided after a probationary employment period of 5 years. Two weeks (14 days) of paid vacation is offered for the first 3 years of employment, commencing with the completion of the first full year of employment. Vacation time will increase to three weeks (21 days) at the completion of 3 years of employment. Additionally, a one week comp vacation will be granted at the conclusion of each summer camp season. Increases in salary will be administered in accordance with the Quaker Ridge Camp policies and procedures manual as adopted and approved by the Quaker Ridge Camp Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Job Description: The Quaker Ridge Camp Facilities Director shall:
*. Be experienced in or familiar with all manner of construction and remodeling techniques including new construction, demolition, electrical, plumbing, painting, log construction, tile work, heavy equipment operation, finish carpentry, roofing, concrete work, etc.
*. Be familiar with pulling permits, meeting code requirements, and working with local county officials in new construction and remodeling.
* Maintain all areas of the camp operation including grounds keeping, snow removal, landscaping, building and equipment maintenance/repair & logs, firewood needs, roadway maintenance, fence line maintenance, etc.
* Obtain, at Quaker Ridge’s expense, the necessary water/waste water Small Systems Operator certification as required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and then maintain those systems and records as required by law.
* Obtain, at Quaker Ridge’s expense, the necessary swimming pool operator certification as required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and then maintain those systems and records as required by law.
* Undergo, at Quaker Ridge’s expense, a Colorado Bureau of Investigation background check and bonding as required by the Colorado Child Day Care licensing board
* Obtain, at Quaker Ridge’s expense, Red Cross First Aid, AED and adult, child, infant CPR certifications.
* Obtain, at Quaker Ridge’s expense, training and certification as the on-site ropes course operator to include facilitating the course, keeping records as required, working with the contracted course inspector for repairs, etc.
* Supervise seasonal (summer) & part time staff, oversee full time staff involved in projects and organize and supervise volunteer workers involved in facilities projects. Facilities Director shall also be required to obtain and supervise outside contractors, sub contractors, repair services, etc. as necessary.
* Be involved in camp programming & activities and will be expected to help camp staff with guest group activities when necessary such as archery, mountain bikes, riflery, etc.
* Be required to assist camp staff in all areas of year ‘round camp operation including, but not limited to, kitchen duties, housekeeping and horse program as able.
Website for more information: https://quakerridgecamp.org/employment/full-time-employment
Electronic Application: (cut and paste below into browser)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/7/2023 7:59:47 PM