Search Page | Back to Results
Dining Room Supervisor
Position Purpose: To manage the dining room, employees, volunteers, and guests. Their contribution to the organization will carry a special emphasis on consistent guest service excellence while striving to exceed expectations.
Position Relationships: Reports to the Guest Services Manager. Supervise the Host/ess, wait staff and volunteer weekend work groups. The Dining Room Supervisor works closely with the Summer Staff Supervisor, Conference Attendants, and the Food Service Manager.
• Train, schedule, and supervise host/ess, wait staff, and weekend work groups in the proper setup and setting of tables, service of meals and the clean up that follows.
• Attend weekly staff meeting and communicate all information accordingly to their staff.
• Coordinate banquets, socials, and other special or program related food service events with attention to detail.
• Monitor and make recommendations regarding the overall appearance of the Dining Room.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness in the Dining Room.
• Interact with the guests at meal times in a professional, personable, and courteous manner.
• Work closely with the Groups Ministry Team or Program Manager to coordinate the setup, serving, and cleanup of snacks served in the dining room and remote locations.
• Coordinate necessary information with the Group Services Manager.
• Work closely with the Summer Staff Supervisor or the Group Services Manager in his/her absence to coordinate staffing of the dining room. This includes appointing a ‘Team Leader’ when not available.
• Complete other jobs as assigned, including serving as a host/ess or waiter/ess when necessary.
• Maintain a proper inventory of Dining Room linen based on scheduled events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other basic technical skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can keep their composure in a fast paced environment. The ability to handle the physical demands such as lifting, bending, crouching and standing for prolonged periods, anticipate guest needs and proactively identify issues needing attention. This candidate will be available to work weekends, evenings and additional hours as necessary or required.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 10/26/2023 9:09:51 AM