Search Page | Back to Results
The role of the Director is to work with the Board to provide vision and leadership while managing operations. This position will maintain the integrity of the ministry and unify the actions of the staff under the mission of Waukaway. This position will act as a business leader and spiritual leader guiding all staff to challenge themselves to excellence in their lives and their ministry. The Director is the primary representative of the camp to our guest and ministries that visit and should “connect” in a positive way with the guest leaders.
This position will lead in the following ways:
- Facilitate strategic planning involving key staff and board to set annual and future goals.
- Provide timely reports to the Board as requested.
- In close collaboration with the staff, oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission of the organization.
- Maintain and increase donor relations while implementing fundraising and development plan.
- Develop a staffing structure that supports the efficient delivery of programs and services, including hiring, managing, and mentoring the staff, giving specific attention to mentoring each new full-time staff member.
- Implement and continually revise personnel policies with board review and approval.
- Manage the staff performance review process.
- Along with the Board Treasurer, develop a realistic annual budget, and provide regular, timely internal financial statements to the Board that compare performance to budget and to the previous year or other relevant benchmarks. Plan for adequate cash flow to cover operational needs and promote fiscal responsibility throughout the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Build positive relationships with partner organizations, the local community, and the broader Christian community enhancing the recognition and reputation of Waukaway as a ministry.
- Ensure that all camp programs are run safely and are current and enriching for all campers, staff, and families and that there is cohesion to all of the Camp’s offerings.
- Mitigate risk in all areas of operation.
- Recognize the value and maintain the continuance of time-tested and camper appreciated traditions that are unique to the Waukaway experience as well as create new and fun camp traditions.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 4/11/2023 2:14:26 PM