Search Page | Back to Results
Assistant Camp Director
The Assistant Director will have opportunity to work in a variety of areas from program, maintenance, operations, hospitality, food service. As ministry grows focus more on areas of interest.
LifeChange just turned 20 year old and transitioned to its next phase of development. Therefore this individual must love the variety, working with volunteers and summer staff. They must enjoy working with guests in a variety of areas from hospitality, programming, facility, food service and more.
As a smaller ministry we wear multiple hats flexibility is key.
Assistant Director Ministry Description:
LifeChange Camp and Retreat Center (9/23)
POSITION: Assistant Director
Reports to: Camp Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Assistant Director shall model, uphold and communicate the LifeChange Camp Statement of Faith, vision and ministry philosophy. Assistant Director will work under the Camp Director to ensure that overall operation and development of programs, program staff, food service and activities are up to Life Change standards of quality. Assistant Director will care for and supervise summer staff and volunteers related to those areas of responsibility. Assistant Director will work with Camp Director to help perform camp operations, promotion and fundraising. This position working with the Camp Director will ensure the creation, development and ongoing effectiveness of all programs, retreats, events and activities.
1. Has an active faith in Jesus Christ and desire to see campers come to know and grow in Him
2. Bachelor’s Degree and preferred 2 years Christian camping experience, or the equivalent (seminary and/or youth training is a plus). Equivalent experience will be considered.
3. Can lead devotions, bible studies and basic preaching skills. Has passion to disciple others.
4. Possess proven communications and teaching skills for both youth and adults.
5. Experience in program development, leadership, facilitation, or the equivalent.
6. Displays effective interpersonal skills (discipleship, biblical counseling skill is plus)
7. Possesses strong passion to see the Gospel modeled in both word and deed.
8. Loves working with people and in both small and larger groups (20-150).
9. Can lead in the kitchen environment, working with others and able to help plan menus and prepare food.
10. Can delegate and help train staff in different areas of responsibility.
10. Flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of Camp and retreat ministries
11. Physically able to handle the demands and rigors of a schedule and responsibilities that can result in long and demanding days, including at times physical labor.
1. Responsible for the overall operation of Programs and program development, care, etc.
2. The Assistant Director will communicate and collaborate with the Camp Director, to:
a) Uphold all Board policies, mission, vision and strategic plans.
b) Work with the director in the day to day operations of camp from, food service, cleaning, hospitality, maintenance, volunteer leadership and care of people and properties.
c) Development and operation of Camp programs, retreats and outreach events
d) Provide training for and maintenance of program activities.
3. Provide leadership and oversight with leadership staff for the summer Camp, including:
a) Promote a cooperative and cohesive team environment with the staff
b) Training and development of teen staff and volunteers and their training materials
c) Serve as an effective coach and mentor to the seasonal staff
d) Hire, evaluate, promote and discipline hired seasonal personal.
e) With the Camp Director, continue, expand, care for and utilize a volunteer base of workers and seasonal staff.
4. Oversight of programs and activities of Camp that carry out the stated mission, vision and core values of the organization, including:
a) Develop and oversee new programs and activities
b) Continually monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs and appropriateness of children, youth and adult programs and activities
c) Encourage, disciple, lead and train seasonal staff (to be hired) to develop and coordinate attractive and purposeful programs and activities
D) Operate within the budget for those areas
5. With Camp Director help in maintaining buildings and grounds at a level of excellence common to LifeChange using hired or volunteer staffing.
6. Help with fundraising programs and events
7. Working with the Camp Director in promoting the Camp before supporting churches and individuals.
9. With the Camp Director care for and ensure the health and safety standards for all staff, campers and guests
10. Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Camp Director.
1. Provided on site or may live offsite, to be determined during interview process.
2. With the Camp director, services are required to maintain 24-hour a day communications to handle emergency situations. In other words be available or see to it that someone is available 24 hours a day when groups are on camp grounds.
Depends on experience. Basic salary package plus option to raise additional support income. $20,000 to $30,000. Potential for retirement and medical.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Assistant Director
Updated: 12/5/2023 9:07:04 PM