Search Page | Back to Results
Organization: Lake Geneva Ministries
Reports to: Executive Director
Lake Geneva Ministries (LGM) is a place set apart to create life-changing experiences in Christ.
Are you ready to change lives? Lake Geneva Ministries is looking for a proven fundraiser to serve as the next Advancement Director. Success in this position is directly tied to donor strategy. This strategy includes champion prospecting, champion stewardship and development, champion retention, one-on-one and one-to-many champion engagement—ultimately helping champions grow in their relationship with Christ and their relationship with LGM. The Advancement Director (AD) works with the Executive Director (ED) to cultivate and request significant contributions and support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and churches.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the ED, the AD leads all facets of fundraising, including but not limited to annual giving, monthly giving, capital campaign management, events, champion prospecting and stewardship, champion communication, CRM management, reporting, and receipting.
• The AD stewards a portfolio of LGM champions with the intent of helping them grow in their relationship with Christ and LGM through their giving.
• Under the guidance of the ED, the AD continually develops a prospect list building the champion base of LGM. This list is continuously cultivated, always thinking of the right next steps for the champion and the organization.
• The AD recruits and coordinates the Advancement Committee Meetings.
• The AD processes mid-level and some major donor champions through a strategy that engages, lifts, and retains their confidence and support.
• The AD meets and greets potential customers onsite, gives tours, and competently communicates the services we offer that will fulfill the mission of our guest groups.
• The AD sets face-to-face appointments with prospective and existing champions. This includes but is not limited to individuals, churches, corporations, foundations, and rental group leaders.
• Consistently utilizes our CRM for stewardship and tracking purposes.
• Work closely with the Advancement and Program Teams to implement our overall and integrated communications and fundraising plan to grow the ministry.
• The AD tracks champion results and communication progress weekly to the ED.
• Supports our ministry needs as directed and needed.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
• A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ. Able to sign our statement of faith and affirm it.
• The candidate demonstrates strong communication skills, positive interpersonal skills, is outgoing, and is articulate.
• The applicant has experience managing people in the camping or hospitality industries, and sales.
• Shows strong organizational skills, the ability to delegate, recognize, and hold staff accountable, along with set and achieve annual goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and technology friendly.
• The candidate is willing to work periodic weekends, late nights, and long hours.
• Passion for learning and ongoing personal development.
• Has earned a bachelor’s degree or has equivalent work experience.
• Self-driven to continuously produce positive results.
• GRIT: Passion and Perseverance.
• Willingness to travel for purposes of fundraising and ministry development.
• The right person has an established reputation of high integrity and willingness to be confidential, protecting the champions of LGM.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Public Relations/Marketing
Updated: 12/16/2022 2:12:56 PM