Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Camp Director
Job Title: Summer Camp Director
Classification: Full Time Salary
Reports To: Camp Director (Part of the Program Team)
Mission: For all people to Encounter God. Build Relationships. Experience Creation.
Vision: A world where everyone can have a holistic experience of God.
Purpose & Overview:
To be a representative of the Camp in an appropriate and professional way that helps keep the camp mission oriented, relevant to the communities we serve and assists in moving the camp forward.
Be a part of the Program Team that will develop, implement and review year-round program opportunities.
Commitment to Equality and Inclusion:
Krislund enthusiastically welcomes staff and participants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We seek to continually assess our practices through a broad lens of cultural competency and is committed to taking action and changing for the better of all. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work atmosphere in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally and all are highly encouraged to apply.
• Hiring and supervision of the summer staff team
• Coordinate outreach and recruitment efforts with Program team to churches, schools, colleges & community organizations
• Work with the Camp Director and/or Program Team to review all programs to include cost analysis, connection to mission, future potential
• Work with Program Team to develop, implement and grow summer programming for campers
• Work with Program Team to develop and implement Staff Training for program and summer staff that meet state, OSHA and ACA standards
• Work with Program Director to ensure that all program equipment has been inspected, is safe, repaired correctly and stored in a safe and functional environment. Monitor all logs & records for program areas
• Understand the trends in camp programing in North America
• Manage store inventory
• Monitor and Update Inventory on all Program Supplies
• Work with Program Team to revitalize camper retreats at Krislund
• Work with Program Team in development of social media, web site, photography, print materials, etc.
• Actively help Program Director during retreat season.
• Be prepared to step in for others or fill vacant positions as necessary
• Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred Minimum Education, Experience and/or Certification:
• In agreement with Krislund’s Mission, Vision, Core Values and Theological Foundation.
• Has strong leadership qualities and is a good Christian role model.
• Must be 21 years old
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in creating, developing, implementing and reviewing programs for all ages in either a camp, educational or recreational setting
• Experience in development, implementation and review of Christian education
• Currently hold or obtain within 6 months of hire certifications in: challenge course, archery, first aid/CPR/AED, mental health first aid, mandatory reporter training, and state pesticide license (Pool). Other certifications if needed (CDL)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of the Policies & Procedures of the Camp and ability to implement them.
• Ability to be organized, efficient, time & detail oriented and confidential
• Computer Knowledge: Office Suite, Windows 10/11, Google Suite & Camp Software (currently CampBrain), or ability and willingness to learn
• General knowledge of office duties and equipment i.e.: phones, emails, laminator, etc.
• Full time some weekends. Schedule dependent on needs.
• Primarily office environment, with outdoor exposure year round
• Business casual, appropriate attire for setting
$25k - $35k, negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 9/20/2022 1:20:46 PM