Search Page | Back to Results
Waterfront Manager & Facilities Associate
Come be on an amazing team!
POSITION: Waterfront Manager & Facilities Associate
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Operations
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ exhibiting evidence of a consistent, growing, daily walk.
2. Desires to serve the Lord and to make Him known to others. Heart to disciple young people during the summer and throughout the year as opportunity arises.
3. Is in agreement with Black Rock Retreat's purpose, statement of faith, and policies.
4. Is flexible and able to work with staff, volunteers, retreat guests, campers, and others.
5. Has strong leadership qualities and is a good Christian role model.
6. Is willing to forgo personal rights for the common good of others and the organization; servant attitude, i.e. Phil. 2:5.
1. Is lifeguard instructor certified or willing and able to become so.
2. Has experience in the maintenance field such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, janitorial, and housekeeping.
3. Has deep understanding of critical management concepts: planning, organizing, delegating, directing, problem solving, and controlling labor, money, and equipment.
4. Is able to coordinate and delegate responsibilities well with groups of summer staff members and campers.
5. Has sound judgment, good decision-making abilities, and able to stay calm and think clearly in emergency situations.
6. Has a strong sense of safety and security for staff, campers, guests and visitors.
7. Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
1. Supervise all waterfront activities, coordinating lifeguards, and ensuring the spaces are maintained and run according to guidelines.
2. Manage daily operations of waterfront areas.
3. Facilitate trainings for incoming lifeguards including initial certifications and in-service trainings.
4. Maintain all physical aspects of the property as outlined in the Methodized Maintenance Manual and Maintenance Procedure Manual: Buildings & Facilities, Grounds, and Equipment
5. Be familiar with electrical, water, mechanical and sewage systems in order to evaluate and facilitate needed repairs. Be prepared to handle emergency situations and acquainted with who to call.
6. Assist in facility and grounds improvements, renovations, additions, and new construction as directed by the Maintenance Director.
7. Be mentally and spiritually alert and safety conscious, displaying a personable and positive work attitude.
8. Be available for meetings, be on call for weekend duty, provide backup help of group prep work, fill in with other maintenance needs and other special projects as requested by the Maintenance Director.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 8/29/2022 10:37:01 AM
Peter Fiorello III