Search Page | Back to Results
• Department: Food Service
• Reports to: Food Service Manager
• Category: Salaried with housing & utilities
• Description current as of: February 2022
Essential Role: Responsible for providing leadership and oversight of kitchen operations and staff, ensuring all meals and food prepared are of excellent quality and ample quantity. Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary food service department.
• Plan and prepare all menus, preparation, and execution of guest meals / medical diets.
• Assists the Food Service Manager with menu planning with a focus on variety and creativity, complying with all appropriate portion sizes, standards of quality, health guidelines, and department policies and procedures.
• Assists the Food Service Manager with hiring, training and supervising food service staff ensuring all personnel perform their job duties and follow all health and safety guidelines.
• Schedules kitchen staff in conjunction with the Food Service Manager.
• Coordinates with dining room staff and other departments to ensure prompt and cheerful service to the guests and good plate appearance.
• Assist with annual evaluations of kitchen staff.
• Provide and support a healthy spiritual environment within the food service department by personal example and through prayer/devotions with staff.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable state and federal laws as they apply to food service.
• Stay current with trends and styles of the industry through attending seminars, food shows, culinary classes, and reading culinary literature.
• Assist as needed to cover absences due to illness, vacations, etc.
• Responsible for the maintenance, organization, cleanliness, and proper usage of the storage areas, coolers, and freezers.
• Assists the Food Service Manager with inventory control, practicing good stewardship through promoting economy and preventing waste.
• Participate in department and staff meetings, and prayer times.
• Support organizational safety program:
- Train employees working in the department in safety procedures, including but not limited to SDS, bloodborne pathogens and use of PPE.
- Document safety training on the CBCC server training file
- Enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Limit handling of blood borne pathogens and hazardous chemicals to employees trained in safety procedures.
- Maintain SDS books, accident logs, and safety procedures.
• Assist in the bakery and “satellite” dining rooms as needed.
• Work weekends as needed.
• Assists the Food Service Manager with ordering as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• A Christian in agreement with CBCC’s statement of faith, and with a consistent Christian testimony and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Degree in culinary arts is desirable.
• Knowledgeable in best practices for accommodating guests with food allergies and restricted diets.
• Minimum of 3 years in an institutional food preparation position, preferably in a leadership role.
• Experience in hiring, training and supervising staff to achieve a motivated, skilled workforce.
• Creative, motivated, and able to manage deadlines.
• Good math skills.
• Application at www.cbcc.net must be completed.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 6/24/2022 2:27:45 PM