Search Page | Back to Results
MION Staff Experience Manager
The Michigan Overnight Staff Manager exists to advance the mission of SpringHill by recruiting, employing, training and discipling college-aged staff. The Michigan Overnight Staff Manager ensures effective evangelism to campers through the discipleship of young leaders. The Michigan Overnight Staff Manager collaborates with all SpringHill teams across the organization in advancing the mission.
Key Job Functions
• Responsible to lead alongside of the Overnight Experience Director to manage the implementation of an incredible summer camp experience at the Michigan Overnight property (MION) during the summer months ensuring a high level of safety for all guests, staff, and campers
• Responsible to recruit, select, onboard, develop, train, lead and retain college aged summer leaders, equipping them for success as summer leaders
• Engage in personal, continuous year-round communication with summer leaders influencing spiritual growth
• Ensure the integration and quality of Michigan Overnight programming that encourages spiritual growth and transformation to campers
• Ability to lead and engage a team of seasonal summer staff while building deep relationships. Train and nurture the team of Summer Leaders in their development spiritually, professionally and personally.
• Engage with camper, summer leader and parent conflict, discipline, correction, and resolution.
• Assist with program development and age-appropriate curriculum development for summer camp and retreats at both Michigan and Indiana locations
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Overnight Experience Director
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
• Commitment to the mission and ministry philosophy of SpringHill
• Self-confident, extroverted and highly relational with the ability to motivate teams
• Passionate about the spiritual development and growth of summer leaders motivating and inspiring them to achieve Christ-centered outcomes.
• Experience developing effective and creative programming for youth. Able to teach/train in group settings.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in camping ministry or related field
• Demonstrated experience in effectively leading people
• Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to effectively problem solve and make sound decisions
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/16/2022 9:17:54 AM