Search Page | Back to Results
Maintenance Tech II
The Maintenance Technician II supports the overall maintenance, cleanliness, ambiance and beauty of the campsite. This position performs routine maintenance duties outdoors and focuses on the cleanliness and care of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance duties include, but are not limited to:
o Keep lighting systems in good working order.
o General repair and maintenance of buildings and structures.
o Assist with cleaning and maintenance of pools.
o Performing routine maintenance on capital assets, including scheduled inspections.
o Assist with cabin remodels, building bunk beds, and other projects.
• Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the property by routine inspection for and removal of litter and trash, or other routine labor and maintenance duties.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in maintenance.
• Serve in a back-up role to the Groundskeeper position as needed due to seasonal requirements of both jobs.
• Report unsafe conditions or work that create a safety issue to supervisor immediately.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform different functions within the Facilities department, occasionally, based upon fluctuating demands of Sky Ranch.
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High school diploma preferred.
• Minimum of two years of maintenance experience.
• General knowledge related to the field of maintenance.
• Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools common to duties of this position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Excellent, professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY
• Basic maintenance tools.
• Must be able to do more strenuous activities such as working with heavy equipment.
• High physical effort required. Ability to use up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift and move objects. Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; stooping, crouching, and climbing step stools or ladders.
• Ability to work at heights up to 15 to 20 feet.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Works both indoors and outdoors (hot and cold weather).
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 8/5/2022 1:18:28 PM