Search Page | Back to Results
KITCHEN TEAM MEMBER
The Kitchen Team Member is responsible for providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by assisting in providing delicious meals while maintaining cleanliness, service, and product quality standards that is consistent with the Food Service Staff Handbook, Philosophy, and Extended Objectives of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat & Conference Center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in providing meals for up to 400 guests, while following procedures set in place by Food Service Director and Kitchen Manager according to HACCP guidelines. • Follow Dining Room, Dish Room, and Snack Shop procedures set in place by Food Service Director and Kitchen Manager. • Ensure that serving lines, dining areas, and pantry areas are clean, well maintained, and meeting standards set in place by Food Service Director and Kitchen Manager.
• Inform supervisors when equipment and procedures are no longer working or producing desired results.
• Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Foster teamwork with these teams by resolving problems and achieve goals cooperatively and effectively.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• must have a true born again experience • a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• must have experienced or be open to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• must live a Godly lifestyle
• attend scheduled staff meetings
• a willingness to place oneself under the headship of BMCR
• High School Diploma preferred
• Entry Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and mind to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Equipped to learn safe uses/handling of chemicals and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Able to obtain all certifications that may relate to the position. • Servsafe qualification preferred.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly standing, sitting, performing tasks requiring hand-eye coordination, grasping, pulling, pushing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and carrying or otherwise manipulating large objects. Employee must be able to work with all types of foods by cutting, stirring, chopping, kneading, mashing, etc. with an ability to manipulate utensils and objects requiring manual dexterity, moving and managing kitchen equipment. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Remain faithful to Personal Principles, Practices, and Policies as expressed in the BMCR Staff Manual.
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Comply with all sections of the Food Service Staff Handbook • May require working evenings, weekends, and holidays for special events and/or high-volume turnovers.
• Flexibility for sudden shift changes. • Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Category: Food Service
Mike Liedig - Executive Director
Phone: 570-386-2154 Email: email@example.com
Web site: https://www.bmcr.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/application-for-employment-or-volunteer-8-2-2019.pdf (fill out online application)
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/6/2023 10:16:51 AM