Search Page | Back to Results
Help us transition an old-fashioned Bible camp that presents God’s word in God’s woods to a new generation. If you are a person with vision, initiative, and a heart to present the Gospel to children, please consider serving at Camp Pattersonville. The Director will oversee the development and implementation of a Christ-centered camp ministry for children and youth at Camp Pattersonville, working under the guidance and policies of the Camp Board. The primary responsibilities are:
1. Plan & direct all summer programs
• Supervise day-to-day operations of the Camp summer program, including overseeing campers, staff, volunteers, and facilities
• Recruit, train, and lead staff and counselor’s-in-training
• Ensure compliance with New York State regulations for camps
• Ensure safety of campers, staff, and volunteers, including adherence to emergency procedures and the Camp code of conduct
• Be the spiritual and moral leader for campers and staff, by fostering the growth of the Christian faith, including use of daily Bible lessons for staff and campers.
• Build an atmosphere of learning and evangelism for both campers and staff
• Train, disciple, mentor, and encourage the staff; leading them to become an effective team which competently shares the gospel with campers
2. Oversee administrative functions
• Coordinate all aspects of the Camp, including facility maintenance
• Oversee planning & development of new programs and facilities
• Develop rental of Camp facilities by other organizations
• Prepare & submit the annual application to the Dept. of Health for operation of Camp
• Provide regular feedback & recommendations for improvement to the Camp Board on the operations of Camp Pattersonville, Staff performance, & how well Camp is attaining its mission
• Work within a budget with a debt-free policy
3. Foster relationships with churches, ministries to youth, camper-families, & staff
• Develop new partnership relationships, expand use of Camp facilities in the off-season, and conduct fund raising
• Use social media to increase connection with supporters, staff, parents, and campers
• Recruit and lead volunteers in service projects at Camp
Position requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree preferred • Committed Christian called to youth ministry & living as a disciple of Jesus Christ • Experience working at a camp or children/youth ministry • Experience leading groups, planning, & organizing • Participate in raising support for self and the ministry • At least a two-year commitment • Willingness to learn the culture of Camp Pattersonville
Why work at Camp Pattersonville?
This is an opportunity for a self-starting, hands-on Director with vision to boldly lead “Camp Patt” to new levels of service in God’s kingdom. For example, we piloted day camp in 2020 and look forward to developing that alongside the overnight program. We recently added a basketball court and hope to attract youth groups and families for retreats. We can imagine introducing mountain biking on our trails, canoeing on the nearby river, and a ropes course in the woods.
Camp Pattersonville is a small, Christian camp that excels in introducing first-timer campers to the fun challenge of a full week of overnight camping that is infused with Bible teaching. Since 1948 the camp has been operated by volunteer Board members and a paid summer staff. We are in a time of transition, looking for a leader to grow, adapt, and expand the facilities, programming, and connection with churches and other ministries. Our goal is to hire a year-round Director with a passion for camping ministry.
Camp Pattersonville provides a Christ-centered outdoor experience where a relationship with Jesus is cultivated with the Bible as our guide. We will reach the lost, teach the found, encourage the seeker, and inspire the passionate in God’s outdoors.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Category: Camp Director
Updated: 1/4/2022 2:40:56 PM