Search Page | Back to Results
The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for anything related to recreation. This includes maintaining equipment and facilities used in recreation. This staff member will be a part of the Caraway leadership team working alongside other leadership team members and Directors to plan and run Caraway according to the vision of the Director. The Recreation Coordinator is to make it a point to daily lift up and encourage their fellow servants. They are to treat each member of the staff better than themselves. This person is to lend a helping hand to other staff members when needed and is to seek to live as Jesus Christ would have them live. This job description is subject to change by the director as needs arise.
1. To love God.
2. Good character, integrity, health, emotional and spiritual maturity.
3. Enjoyment of the outdoors and athletics.
4. Desire and ability to work with campers in the outdoors.
5. Desire to live and work in a camp community.
6. Ability to relate to peer group.
7. Ability to lead, manage, organize.
8. High energy level, patience, sense of humor, and enthusiasm.
9. Working knowledge of Caraway recreation and athletics.
10. Prior experience at Camp Caraway preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manage the recreation program and related equipment and facilities.
2. Work in cooperation with Assistant Director in creating the daily schedule
3. Assist in training staff during orientation.
4. Assist Program Managers in evaluating staff as requested by the Assistant Director or Director.
5. May occasionally serve as a fill in counselor if requested by the director or assistant director.
6. Be flexible to assist in any area of the camp program as needed.
7. Be Firm, Fair, and Friendly with all those they come in contact with.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/20/2022 9:55:08 AM