Search Page | Back to Results
The Adventure Coordinator is responsible for properly training staff in adventure activities, maintaining courses and equipment, and leading summer staff.
You love Jesus. You trust the Bible as God’s Word. You love camp. You’re motivated to pursue a career in Christian camping. All that you’ve been missing is a place to put it all together. Trout could be that place.
Trout Lake Camps’ Program Department is looking for an up-and-coming leader who is interested in pursuing a full-time career in Christian camping. This role will be trained on our standard operating procedures to properly maintain, operate, and train staff for all adventure activities.
Do you love the great Minnesota outdoors?
Are you looking for a role where you can work with your hands?
Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
Does the idea of living and working at a camp year-round give you goosebumps?
If so, keep reading to see if you are a match for this role:
This is an entry-level role. No prior adventure training is needed, but an initiative to learn and grow is required.
Who You Are:
• A committed Christ-Follower with a commitment and attitude of reflecting Jesus
• A diligent servant who is energized by collaboration and working on tasks and projects alone
• A speedy worker who isn’t rattled by a fast-paced, flexible environment
• A person who prefers outdoor work with your hands versus a "desk-job"
What You’ll Do:
• Maintain maintenance and inspection logs in all assigned activity areas
• Train staff to facilitate adventure-related activities properly and safely
• Recruit, interview, hire, and train adventure summer staff
• Develop staffing schedules
• Complete the ongoing repairs and maintenance of adventure activity areas
• Lead daily meetings with adventure staff
• Schedule equipment repairs, order equipment, and supplies
• Set up and take down, clean, inventory, and organize event areas between seasons
For Bonus Points:
• You’ve been on a backpacking trip
• You’ve built something in the woods
• You’re known as the friend that people call in moments of crisis
• You're a former Trout camper or Disciple Team member
When you join the Trout Year-Round Staff, our prayer is that you will grow spiritually in your walk with Jesus, your leadership will be sharper, you’ll see a connection between your work and the work that God does in the lives of campers.
Safe. Fun. & Gospel are the hallmarks of the Trout experience.
• Salary Range: ($30,000 - $37,290 depending on qualifications)
• Onsite Housing available for singles
• Free Meals when camp guests are being served
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunity to travel to Israel on a “Footsteps” of Jesus Tour
• Work Vehicle provided
• Cell Phone plan reimbursement
• Paid Development Opportunities through certifications and Christian Camping and Conference Association Events
• Health Insurance coverage
• Health Savings Account Plan
• Retirement Benefits
If this sounds like you, take the next step by filling out the Full-Time Staff Application on our website: https://hr.troutlakecamps.org/forms/-ftstaffappprogram
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/20/2023 11:34:19 AM