Search Page | Back to Results
General Position Summary
Responsible for assisting the Lead Cook with all food items prepared in the kitchen, assuring meals are of excellent quality and presentation, ample quantity, served hot and on time. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary food service department.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Prepare food for all events as directed by the food services supervisor in accordance with established menus.
• Select and utilize appropriate equipment for food handling, main¬taining proper temperatures, and otherwise producing food in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws as they apply to food service.
• Effectively utilize food resources to avoid waste.
• Inform, instruct and monitor other staff assigned to the kitchen.
• Coordinate with dining room staff and other departments to ensure prompt and cheerful service to the guests.
• Participate in regular food service department and staff meetings and prayer times.
• Support organizational safety program by monitoring employees working in the department in safety procedures, including but not limited to MSDS, bloodborne pathogens and use of PPE.
• Maintain clean and orderly work and food storage areas.
• Fill out shift clean reports and temperature logs
• Direct food service staff with dining room set up and meal service
• All other duties as assigned.
• Current California’s food handles card
• Adhere to KCG’s dress code and professional standard for personal grooming, appearance and conduct
• A minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position preferred.
• Able to work well with co-workers.
• An eye for plate presentation.
• Satisfactory completion of a background investigation
• Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Fill out application here
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 11/29/2021 1:19:14 PM