Search Page | Back to Results
Victory Valley Camp is seeking a Program Director to join our staff. This position is an exciting blend of children’s ministry, youth ministry, and young adult discipleship with emphases on spiritual maturity, Biblical leadership and teaching. We are looking for a Godly, highly capable, self-motivated, passionate individual that will enable us to follow God’s call to Ignite a Passion for Jesus by Training the Leaders of Tomorrow through Christian Camping Today. We accomplish this training and equipping of young leaders through intentional teaching, hands on experience working at camp, and consistent discipleship feedback that enables youth and young adults to grow into mature disciples who are ambassadors for Christ.
• Degree in Youth/Children’s ministry or 3+ years of experience leading and teaching children, teens, and young adults
• Is a respected member of a Bible Fellowship Church (BFC), or a Bible believing church
• Follower of Christ who is in agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/articles-of-faith/) and Biblical Principles for Living (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/biblical-principles-for-living/)
• Shares core values of the BFC (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/core-values/) and Victory Valley Leadership (Humility, Compassion, Integrity)
• Spiritually mature and gifted in ministry working with children, teens, and young adults
• Believes that God has called him or her to this type of position
• Has a Shepherd’s heart for staff, children, teens, young adults and volunteers
• Has a winsome attitude that will garnish support for Victory Valley Camp
• Goal oriented and organized to develop Biblically based programs that enable children and teens to experience God and develop an ever deepening relationship with Jesus Christ
• Works well with others in a multi-staffed environment
• Willing and competent to supervise other staff members
• Is skilled with appropriate technologies and methods for communicating with children, youth, young adults, parents, and churches in today’s digital environment
• Demonstrated success in leading ministry with children, teens, and young adults
• Able to clearly articulate successful methods of ministry with children, teens, and young adults
• Has demonstrated a passion to see children and teens reached for Christ
• Takes a personal interest in staff and cares for them
• Willing to work with and maintain contact with other camping organizations
• Shows a teachable spirit, always looking for growth and improvement
Program Director Ministry Description
The Program Director is accountable to the Victory Valley Camp (VVC) Director.
Type, Location, and Duration of Position:
The Program Director is hired by the VVC Director in consultation with the VVC Board Personnel Committee. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with an expectation of 40-45 hours per week during the off-season and 55+ hours during the summer camp season. The Program Director is reviewed annually for performance, compensation, effectiveness, and other considerations by the VVC Director with recommendations to the VVC Personnel Committee and VVC Board.
The Program Director is responsible for defining and developing all programming details required for successful camping weeks, and retreats throughout the year. This includes curriculum, activities, and agenda for overnight camp weeks, day camp weeks, and various themed weekend retreats for Middle School, High School, or College age students.
The Program Director is also responsible for recruiting and training High School and College aged missionary staff to run the various programs throughout the year. Recruiting happens through relationships built with our local churches, youth and young adult programs and colleges. The Program Director defines what positions need to be filled, and is responsible for identifying students who have a passion for Jesus with the right gifting and skillset to be successful in each of the programs that we lead.
Consistent with our Mission, to train the leaders of tomorrow, the Program Director is responsible for nurturing continued spiritual growth in our High School and College aged staff. This is done through intentional teaching times as well as through mentoring relationships. Biblical Leadership development is the core of what we do, and the Program Director is the primary teacher for our Missionary Staff.
Intentional Ministry Enabler
Victory Valley Camp is used by God all year to Ignite a Passion for Jesus in the hearts of many different ages and groups from a variety of churches as well as secular culture. As a facility that is well equipped to host youth and young adults, we do everything we can to enable other Christian ministries to be successful in their calling to reach and save the lost. Additionally, we seek to use every opportunity wisely to help children, youth, and young adults come to know Jesus.
The Program Director is expected to be an intentional ministry enabler for these external groups who use our facilities. For programs that we do not run, this includes staying closely connected with the primary leader of the group to ensure that they have everything they need to be successful during their event. For rental groups that are not ministries but use our property, this includes building relationships through excellence in service that allow us to invite students to join us at one or more of our programmed events.
• Full Time Exempt role
• Housing and utilities are provided on campus
• Insurance – Health Care Reimbursement Account provided
• Retirement Plan Included
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/12/2021 8:50:20 AM