Search Page | Back to Results
At Cross Trails Ministry, our small team of dedicated employees provide faith based summer camp and retreat experiences to all ages as well as create opportunities for growth and change. You could be an integral part of this ministry as the new Facilities Director. You will actively maintain all Cross Trails Ministry's buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment at both Camp Chrysalis and Ebert Ranch. You will work with other leadership staff to prioritize and coordinate volunteer projects and major site improvements. You will schedule and perform inspections and preventative maintenance programs. You will aid other staff in implementing programmatic aspects of camp. If you're the right person for this opportunity, you will have previous experience in a variety of maintenance skills including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, automotive, and water systems. You will also be able to work independently or as a part of a team. You will be able to set a schedule, but also be willing to be interrupted as needs arise. The Texas Hill Country provides scenic areas and ample recreation. Housing options, full health, and IRA matching retirement are provided.
FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW
Position: Facilities Director
1. A Christian in support of the mission of Cross Trails Ministry;
2. Knowledge and experience in building maintenance including basic repairs, carpentry, electrical and
plumbing, along with willingness to learn site specifics;
3. Knowledge and experience in grounds, landscape, well water systems, septic systems and pool
maintenance or willingness to learn;
4. Knowledge and experience in basic automotive and equipment maintenance or willingness to learn;
5. Strong work ethic and ability to work up to twelve weekends in non-summer months and up to six days
per week in the summer as needed;
6. Good mental, emotional and physical condition, including the ability to lift up to fifty pounds on a regular
basis, work outdoors and perform routine maintenance;
7. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
8. Desire to provide exemplary and professional hospitality to all volunteers and guests;
9. Ability to supervise others, and work alone or on a team, and show initiative;
10. Possess a good driving record and be willing to operate tractors and large vehicles as needed;
11. Willingness to live at or near Camp Chrysalis;
12. Year-round camp or facilities management experience preferred.
1. Take primary responsibility for ensuring the overall maintenance of the facilities, grounds, vehicles,
equipment and public water systems of Camp Chrysalis and Ebert Ranch Camp.
2. Schedule or perform routine inspections and preventative upkeep at both sites.
3. Perform or delegate completion of all work orders and any emergency repairs.
4. Work with leadership staff to prioritize projects, negotiate contracts and implement major site changes.
5. Maintain accurate records and submit reports for regulatory agencies, accreditation bodies and ministry
6. Inventory, order and ensure upkeep of maintenance-related supplies.
7. Supervise year-round on-site volunteers and part-time or seasonal maintenance assistants.
8. Coordinate and lead volunteer retreats for work groups.
9. Participate in the development of the maintenance budget and maintain a record of expenses.
10. Aid other staff in the implementation of their programs and services as requested.
This is a full-time, year-round position with a salary range of $27,000-$37,000, depending on housing.
Three bedroom, two bath housing with basic utilities is available at Camp Chrysalis, or you can live nearby.
Health and retirement benefits are provided.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to:
Jay Miller, Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/1/2021 9:55:09 AM