Search Page | Back to Results
• Department: Grounds
• Reports to: Grounds Supervisor
• Full-time with housing/utilities
• Description current as of: October 2021
Essential Role: Assist the Grounds Supervisor in the maintenance of the conference center grounds, gardens, lawns and daily landscaping operations as well as occasional landscape construction projects.
• Maintain flowerbed planting and care of annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees and lawns including application of pesticides.
• Assist with other landscaping projects and fence maintenance.
• Supply firewood as needed.
• Perform day to day greenhouse operations (growing flowers from seed, fertilizing, watering, pest control).
• Perform minor repairs and routine care and maintenance of Grounds Department tools and equipment.
• Collect conference center garbage from grounds and staff housing and deposit into trash compactor/dumpster.
• Collect recyclables from grounds collection sites; transport to city recycle center.
• Work with and oversee volunteers as needed.
• Perform all duties in accordance with OSHA safety standards.
• Fill in for Grounds Supervisor on days off or during his/her absence.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Christian in agreement with CBCC’s statement of faith.
• A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent Christian testimony.
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Ability to drive pickup truck, van; tow trailers and ability to back up trailers is required.
• Physical fitness ability to do extended labor outdoors during inclement weather; ability to perform extensive periods of walking, bending, lifting, kneeling and digging are required.
• Ability to operate a variety of gas operated power tools and equipment safely.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/2/2021 4:20:23 PM