Search Page | Back to Results
Youth Ministry Counselor
YOUTH MINISTRY COUNSELOR
Youth Ministry Counselors are responsible for providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by ministering to the children and youth through Bible lessons and activities in a manner that is consistent with the Philosophy and Extended Objectives of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat & Conference Center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Care for assigned age group during the time that their parents are attending our services. • Retain overall vision of quality of care expected by Children & Youth Ministry Director and General Manager in regards to safety, stewardship, and counsel given to children and youth on the grounds.
• Follow system set in place by Children & Youth Ministry Director for weekly schedule planning. • Create and teach Bible lessons connecting to weekly themes to assigned age group. • Seek to develop positive, loving relationships with children and youth by applying basic youth development principles. • Participate in, develop, and instruct activities with all guests as scheduled. • Alert other departments (office, maintenance, housekeeping, etc.) of needed maintenance preventing the usage and proper care of equipment and amenities. • Build comradery with other counselors by resolving problems, achieving goals, and completing assignments cooperatively and effectively, as well as with any additional volunteers assisting for a particular event that requires additional help. • Assist with other aspects of the ministry as assigned by Children & Youth Ministry Director. • Maintain safe storage of all equipment. • Finish other duties and projects as assigned and scheduled by Children & Youth Ministry Director.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• must have a true born again experience • a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• must have experienced or be open to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• must live a Godly lifestyle
• attend scheduled staff meetings
• a willingness to place oneself under the headship of BMCR
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and the mind to remain calm in stressful situations. • Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures. • Capable of observing staff and guest behavior, discern it’s appropriateness, and either enforce safety and emergency procedures, or report behavior to management to apply appropriate disciplinary procedures.
• Equipped to understand, implement, and communicate safety regulations and procedures to staff and guests.
• Able to obtain any certifications that may relate to the position.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly performing tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles with the use of foot and/or hand-eye coordination such as: sitting, standing, walking, running, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and carrying or otherwise manipulating large objects. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Remain faithful to Personal Principles, Practices, and Policies as expressed in the BMCR Staff Manual.
• Set a good example to guests and staff by placing a priority on the health of your spiritual walk. • Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
• Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Children & Youth Ministry
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 6/11/2022 10:27:55 AM