Search Page | Back to Results
Come live in beautiful Lancaster, PA !
The job of the Full-Time Sous Chef is to assist the Executive Chef in overseeing the preparation and service of all food served to our guests throughout the year.
Food Service Director
Food Service Department Team Members
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, exhibiting evidence of a consistent, growing daily walk. This includes being a role model and showing leadership qualities, willing to forgo personal rights for the common good of others and the organization. Servant attitude, i.e. Phil. 2:5.
2. Desire to serve the Lord, and to make him known to others.
3. Is in agreement with the Mission Statement, Core Values, Faith Statement, and Standards of Conduct.
4. Is flexible and able to work with team members, retreat guests, campers, and others.
5. Willingness to abide by the policies of the Black Rock Retreat staff handbook.
1. Education or experience in the Food Service field. Experience with large quantity cooking and supervision of staff. ServSafe certification or a desire to be certified. Has an understanding of computers and the ability to learn the systems used for daily operation of the kitchens.
2. Has an understanding of/willingness to learn basic management concepts, planning, organization, direction and problem solving.
3. Experience in International and African Cuisine.
4. Has the ability to work in harmony with others showing sensitivity, objectivity, and good communication skills. Must understand people, and be able to deal with them both as individuals and in groups.
5. Exhibits integrity: an honest, straight forward attitude essential to a good working relationship with team members and volunteers.
6. Exhibits emotional maturity: ability to think logically and to have a positive and constructive outlook in life, and work without ignoring realities or responsibilities.
7. Has the ability to work in harmony with others and to manage and delegate work to Food Service Team Members.
8. The ability to operate effectively under pressure.
1. Responsible to assist the Executive Chef in preparation and serving of all meals for campers and staff. This includes serving healthy, nutritious meals that are well received by the various age groups and at the appointed times, serving the meals in an attractive, appealing style and having sufficient amounts available.
2. Responsible to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen. Also ensure the health and safety of the guests and staff as it pertains to food service. This includes: Maintaining high standards of personal and professional cleanliness. Meeting or exceeding health regulations (i.e. local and state). Responding immediately and resolving promptly all known problems in this area.
3. Responsible to manage the food cost of meals and assist the Executive Chef in running a cost effective department.
4. Responsible to communicate with and assist all departments with food service needs. This includes: helping train staff, coordinating meals for program or volunteer events and providing necessary equipment.
5. Responsible to train and supervise the dish crew and cooks in the food service department.
6. Responsible to manage the hours of all kitchen staff, in accordance with labor laws.
7. Responsible to attend staff meetings, communication meetings and other staff functions and to ensure the attendance of subordinates at appropriate meetings and functions when possible.
8. Responsible to work in cooperation with other staff members with a willingness to assist in other departments should the need arise.
9. To be able to clearly share the Gospel using Scripture.
10. To put ministry to people over physical tasks when needed.
11. To perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef or Executive Director.
1. A salary as set by the Executive Director.
2. Meals during working hours.
3. Other benefits as outlined in the Staff Handbook
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/14/2022 10:18:36 AM