Search Page | Back to Results
Executive Director of Beartooth Christian Camp-MT
Full-time, salaried, year-round, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for Beartooth Christian Camp, in the mountains of Montana.
The Executive Director works in support of the mission of Beartooth Christian Camp and is responsible for all aspects involving the facilities, grounds, programming, staff, and resources. The position serves under the authority of the Western Conference of the Evangelical Church, Conference Superintendent and BCC Board of Directors.
• Lead by example, foster, and ensure a Christ-centered organizational culture for all staff, volunteers, and guests.
• Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of Beartooth Christian Camp.
• Pursue funding through grants, charitable donations, etc.
• Develop and administer operational policies and procedures.
• Act as a liaison between personnel and the Board of Directors.
• Organize devotions/prayer time with personnel
• Work with the BCC Board of Directors and staff to establish a long-range plan for the camp including – identification of strategic opportunities, articulation of vision for ministry, staffing of ministry, maintenance and development of facilities and grounds, resourcing of ministry, financial planning and development.
• Oversee development and execution of capital campaigns to maintain, renovate, or develop all facilities and grounds, and to fund ministry programs and initiatives.
• Serve as a public relations spokesperson for the camp to raise the awareness of facilities and programs available.
• Represent the camp at conferences, conventions, and meetings. Cultivate relationships with churches, other ministry groups and denominations, or community organizations.
• Work with the Western Conference of the Evangelical Church Superintendent and BCC Board of Directors to foster connections within the conference churches and beyond.
• Manage the process of recruitment, development, and accountability for staff to create a cohesive team environment committed to ministry service. This includes providing annual standards of performance and appraisals, the authority to hire and release staff in line with the established personnel policies.
• Serve as the chief administrator of the organization, delegating responsibilities as needed to staff and collaborating with the BCC Board of Directors.
• Responsible for the financial management and integrity of the camp, including the yearly budget development, monitoring financial progress, proper government accounting, and reporting to the BCC Board of Directors.
• Oversee work with all government and regulatory agencies to maintain camping and licensing standards, water testing, and security.
• Possess a vision and passion for Christian ministry that is in alignment with the purpose statement and resources of the camp.
• Proven organizational leadership and business management skills related to organizational development, planning, budgeting, and execution of plans.
• A strong team leader with good interpersonal and mediation skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and working with a Board of Directors.
• Experience with staff leadership, hiring, realignment, transitioning, and training.
• Ability to delegate authority and empower staff and volunteers to achieve desired outcomes.
• High level of Christian commitment, integrity, and demonstrated spiritual leadership and maturity in both personal and professional relationships.
• Commitment to living a life that is compatible with the Christian faith and the rules and doctrines of the Evangelical Church.
• Be a member or commit to join an Evangelical conference church upon selection.
• Be an ordained or licensed minister with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a ministry capacity.
• Experience with and a vision for Christian camping.
• Demonstrated success with fund raising and community building, preferably with capital campaign experience.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 11/10/2020 11:51:09 AM