Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Facilities & Grounds
The Facilities and Grounds Director at SBYC is responsible for providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by executing the planned development, maintenance, and repairs of SBYC’s buildings, grounds, equipment, and other accommodations in a manner that is consistent with the Mission and beliefs of SBYC.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Must have a true born-again experience with a love for the Lord Jesus Christ and living a God honoring lifestyle
• A desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• Agree with SBYC Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• A servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• Attend scheduled staff meetings
• A willingness to place oneself under the headship of SBYC
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• On call nights and weekends if required.
• Satisfactory completion of background investigation.
• Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
• Minimum High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and the mind to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Working knowledge of tools, power tools, methods, operations, machinery, and materials used in construction and property management.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and able to safely drive cars, trucks, tractors, and other construction vehicles.
• Able to obtain any certifications that may relate to the position.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly grasping, pulling, pushing- performing tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles with the use of foot and/or hand-eye coordination- sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and carrying or otherwise manipulating large objects. Employee must be able to access all parts of buildings from roofs, attics, crawlspaces, etc. with an ability to climb/work from scaffolding, ladders and access areas while balancing, manipulating tools and objects requiring manual dexterity, moving, and managing equipment. There is a lot of repetitive motion and physical effort, for example, using up to 50 pounds of force frequently, etc. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds regularly.
Time: Full-Time Year-Round
Salary: $36,000 per year
Housing: On-site camp house provided
Reports to: Executive Director
APPLY ONLINE OR CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 9/30/2022 12:49:31 PM