Search Page | Back to Results
The Program Director is at the heart of Youth Haven's ministry to disadvantaged children in Michigan. The right candidate for this key position is a high energy, passionate and creative leader, ready to assist in the development and lead the execution of the children's programs in Michigan. Current year-round programs include on-site camping ministry, online and virtual ministry, Kids' Club afterschool programs, and mail-based ministry programs.
He/she will assist with the recruiting, hiring and training of the Michigan programming staff team and lead them, ensuring they are equipped to meet our goal that EVERY child has so much Christ-centered fun, they can't wait to return to Youth Haven!
He/she will assist with the planning of seasonal themes, curriculum, games, activities, and all other aspects of the Michigan program. This position is then responsible to lead, manage, and implement all of the programs involved with Youth Haven’s children's ministries in Michigan, making sure our programs remain fresh and exciting, with a clear focus on ensuring kids experience and learn about the love of God and the Gospel message.
• Be a contagious and consistent Christian role model inside and outside the ministry of Youth Haven
• In coordination with the Hiring Manager, lead the recruiting, interviewing, & hiring of Youth Haven's Michigan Children's Program team. This currently includes approximately 6-8 full time staff positions and 20+ seasonal and weekend staff positions
• Oversee the program staff training material and lead regular program staff development sessions
• Lead devotions and weekly meetings with the Michigan program team
• With the Director of Program Development, assist with the development of:
o Seasonal theme content and design
o On-site camping ministry
o Elevate/teen ministry
o Kids' Club afterschool ministry
o Online children’s ministry (kids and teen websites, YouTube channels, etc.)
o Follow-up ministry, including regular mailings and new programs designed to engage with the children while off site from Youth Haven
• Respond lovingly and appropriately to children with behavior problems and lead the program team in dealing with them as well
• Handle private and confidential staff and children’s issues in a responsible and professional manner
• Serve as the primary speaker during chapel times, sharing age appropriate messages to the children and teens
• Oversee the health needs of the children in coordination with health staff. This includes medication distribution and check in at registration. This also includes assisting with medical situations which may arise while children are on site
• Develop, oversee and lead activities in a safe manner
• Lead Youth Haven's Kids' Club after school programs. This includes engaging with outside contacts to schedule the events held throughout the year
• Develop analysis tools to ensure continued improvement of Youth Haven's children's ministry in Michigan
• Look for new avenues and outlets of ministry which would allow Youth Haven to reach more disadvantaged children in Michigan for Christ. Then, working with the Youth Haven leadership team, develop strategies to implement new ministry outlets.
• Lead the Elevate teen program in Michigan. This includes the continued development of the entire program as well as scheduling, training, mentoring and assessment of potential and current cadets and captains involved with the program.
• Assist with planning Youth Haven's annual special events. (i.e. Candlelight Dinners, Ladies' Day, Gala, etc...) giving emphasis on engaging people with the children of Youth Haven
• As one of Youth Haven's key leaders, be an enthusiastic ambassador of the ministry, sharing about the programs of Youth Haven with potential staff, agency contacts, churches, volunteers, and donors. This requires becoming very familiar with Youth Haven's ministry model, history, needs and vision
• Ensure the Licensing and Regulatory Compliance of the Michigan program
• Oversee the annual budgeting process for the Michigan program
Qualifications and Requirements:
• You must love Jesus and have an active, growing relationship with Him!
• Have a passion and vision to reach children for Christ, specifically disadvantaged children ages 7-13; and be able to lead and support a team of staff who share that passion and vision
• Be evangelistic and missions focused, desiring to be part of a “seed-sowing" ministry, focused on teaching the Gospel message to children who may never hear of Jesus Christ elsewhere
• Have a sincere and deep commitment to Youth Haven's mission and values
• Be a high energy, creative, motivating leader who can cast a vision and get others to follow
• Self-motivated, creative, and confident
• Be a good problem solver
• Safety consciousness is essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience leading young adults where ministry leadership was demonstrated in a fun and engaging way
• Flexibility in work schedule is important. Due to Youth Haven's children's ministries occurring on weekends throughout the year, a non-standard schedule will be required
• Certification in CPR and basic first aid (or willingness to be certified when hired)
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required. (Camping, youth ministries, missions, education, social work, or other degree related to child development preferred)
• 4+ years previous experience working with children, preferably in camping or a similar ministry setting
• Highly proficient and comfortable using computers and technology. This includes MS Office products, social media use, and video content development; Salesforce knowledge a plus
• Able to re-locate to Youth Haven's Michigan campus and live in provided housing
Youth Haven is a great place to work, with all members of our team using their gifts and skills to reach out to children in need. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits to our staff based upon experience and positional responsibilities. If you feel the Lord is calling you to serve as a missionary at a home missions organization like Youth Haven, and you possess the servant heart, skills and qualifications required for this position, please fill out our online application at: https://form.jotform.com/youth_haven/employment-app. You may attach a resume and cover letter during the application process.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 5/18/2020 3:24:38 PM