Search Page | Back to Results
Lake Geneva Foundation (LGF) Position Description
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: LGF Board of Directors
Foundation Overview – Changing Lives:
LGF’s history is a blending of two great camp legacies along the shores of beautiful Lake Geneva in southeast Wisconsin. For over 145 years Conference Point Center has been a place for people to gather, build relationships and seek spiritual rest. Throughout the years we have ministered to guests through our selfless staff and memorable retreats. In 1950, Lake Geneva Youth Camp opened with the purpose of sharing God’s love to children in an environment away from the distractions of city life. Thousands of people have been served through our camp programs and conference facilities. 2010 saw a formal partnership between these two ministries under the leadership of LGF, joining the camps in a unified Mission, Vision and Purpose.
Mission: A place set apart for life-changing experiences in Christ
Vision: Shape our People, Partnerships, Programs & Properties to provide a premier camping and retreat experience for those God brings to our ministry to ignite a passion for next steps with Jesus Christ. Key Vision themes:
- Guest Intimacy – Know who we serve
- Strategic Partnerships – Know how to serve
- Program Innovation – Know what to serve
- Safe, Healthy & Comfortable Facilities – Know where to serve
Provide executive leadership to the Vision, Strategies, and Resources necessary to ensure long-term relevance and sustainability of the LGF (Lake Geneva Youth Camp + Conference Point Center). Represent LGF in a Godly manner that enhances the reputation and stature of the organization within the Christian and secular community regionally and nationally.
- Strategic – Lead the development and execution of the LGF Strategic Plan against the established Vision. Track key metrics and establish dashboards for consistent communication with Board and staff on Strategic Plan performance.
- Financial – Ensure the necessary resources are in place and managed well to safeguard the organization’s financial health and sustainability.
- Fundraising – Partner with the Board to build relationships and execute a sound fundraising process to maintain and grow financial partners and resources.
- People – Attract, train and retain the best in talent for LGF’s target guest and culture fit to guarantee best-in-class execution. Develop staff into a world-class employee via coaching and training.
- Culture – Actively set the appropriate tone-at-the-top to instill a healthy culture for LGF
- Legal / Risk Management- Ensure LGF is proactively working to protect its interests
Essential Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Faith – A personal relationship with Christ as your Lord and savior. Passionate about the gospel message and the camping ministry
- Transparency – Efficiently and effectively communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and staff on all strategic and operational topics
- Strong communication & fundraising skills – Serve as the face and the voice of LGF to various audiences and constituents; able to articulate a compelling vision, organizational goals, etc.
- Charismatic Leadership to take camp to next level
- Ability to efficiently manage a multi-facility organization
- Marketing excellence – Includes strong marketing acumen, ability to analyze and continuously improve customer journey’s for LGF’s target guests, using a data-driven approach.
Hold cross-functional marketing + operational project teams accountable to Strategic Plan objectives/metrics
- Operational excellence – Includes strong organizational skills, ability to delegate, recognize, and hold staff accountable, manage P&L, set and complete personal and direct-staff annual goals/objectives that are aligned with Strategic Plan
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, along with Masters or equivalent leadership experience
- Experience with Christian ministries focused on junior/senior high youth and/or young families
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional senior-level leadership positions
- Track record of marketing & operational excellence, recruitment of talent and resource allocation
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Exposure to Customer Relationship Management (e.g. SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, Circuitry, or equivalent) highly desired
Reporting to this position:
- Operations Director, Marketing & Advancement (or Experience) Director, Business Director. Currently as of 2-9-20:
- Operations Director
- Marketing & Advancement Director
- Business Director
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 3/11/2020 11:22:55 AM