Search Page | Back to Results
InterVarsity Retreat and Training Center
To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position will perform the day-to-day duties in support of a variety of Retreat and Training Center functions to enhance the guest experience and advance the ministry of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA.
Supervisor: Functional Manager or Camp Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: InterVarsity Retreat and Training Center (Cedarville, Michigan)
Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word,
God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world.
PERFORM DAY-TO-DAY RETREAT AND TRAINING CENTER (CAMP) DUTIES:
• Welcome and facilitate guest experience
• Participate in daily department devotions
• Assist with weekly turnover (all camp cleaning) between guest groups
• Assist with dishes weekly or as required
• All other duties as assigned
• Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement
• Emotionally stable and mature
• Willingness to be a learner and serve on a team
• Willingness to share in overall goals and operation of an InterVarsity Retreat and Training Center (RTC)
• Ability to work outside and in the sun at times
• Willingness to live in community and shared housing
• Share values and philosophies of the camp
• Willing to work under supervision of camp management as assigned
• Ability to lift 30 lbs or more
• Flexibility to work irregular or extended hours as required
PROGRAM HOST CREW
• Assisting with receiving and hosting guests, set up of camp areas, including lodging, meeting space, dining facilities, and recreation areas
• Assist with coordinating and executing program and recreational activities (including but not limited to regattas, banquets, etc.), ensuring the safety and well-being of guests at all times
• Assist Program team in hosting guest groups including but not limited to: office tasks, answering phones and written requests, operating sound equipment, light maintenance, etc.
• Cross training to assist with other departments as needed
• Assist Recreation Team by learning and serving in all aspects of recreation at Camp, this includes: maintenance/care of recreation equipment, activities, trails, pool, beach, library, etc.
• Work alongside fellow Recreation staff to maintain, prepare and provide recreation options to our guests
• Educate guests on the safe use of equipment and ensure they meet basic requirements (swim tests, sailing tip tests, etc.)
• Lifeguard and oversee access to our pool and beach waterfront
• Lead special trips (e.g. hiking, sailing, voyageur canoe, mountain biking, etc.)
• Work to instill a sense of appreciation for God’s creation while enjoying the beauty of our natural setting
• Perform daily pool maintenance tasks, including chemical testing and handling/adding pool chemicals in the appropriate amounts and monitoring operation systems
• Assist RTC in training and orienting summer crew/staff regarding emergency action procedures and updates in regulations to promote a safe and fun camp environment
• Obtain Approved Michigan Boater Safety Certificate
• Maintain any necessary certifications
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM CREW
• Assist Program Team by learning and serving in all aspects of maintenance and operation of RTC
programs, this may include: supervising, teaching, and leading children and youth to have a safe, positive, and impacting camp experience
• Lead age appropriate Bible studies and lessons from provided curriculum
• Assist Children’s Program Team by learning to work well with co-counselors to plan and carry out lessons and activities to provide a safe, positive, and impacting camp experience
• Be flexible and ready to adapt lessons and activities to any scenario
• Help create a safe community for campers to grow in their relationships with God, their counselors, and each other
• Be good stewards of the meeting spaces and supplies given for program use
• Assist Facilities Team by learning and serving in all aspects of maintenance and operation of RTC
facilities/grounds this may include: general repairs, remodeling, site planning, vehicle maintenance, painting, carpentry, etc.
• Assist Facilities Team in daily facilities tasks, as well as the safe operation of facilities related equipment
• Perform upkeep as assigned including: mowing grass, brush clearance and trash collection
• Assist with ongoing projects which contribute to the upkeep, and/or improvement of camp facilities,
including carpentry, painting, cutting/splitting firewood, building and grounds projects, and other maintenance and repair tasks as necessary
• Fulfill assigned responsibilities as part of the general maintenance crew including: operating, upkeeping and servicing of equipment, as well as acquiring mechanical skills needed to perform tasks in a safe manner
• Work with volunteer groups involved in facilities projects
• Assist the Guest Services and Marketing Team by learning and serving in a comprehensive marketing strategy, including; social media, print, Camp web site, recruiting materials, video etc.
• Assist Guest Services and Marketing Team in the marketing of “In House” retreats and events
• Perform office tasks to assist guests, including but not limited to: answering phones, greeting guests who walk in the welcome center, making copies, etc.
• Assist with other general Guest Services needs as they arise
GUEST SERVICES CREW
• Assist Guest Services Team by learning and serving in all aspects of the RTC experience as it relates to guests, including: cleaning, setting up/putting away chairs, hosting guests, turning over cabins and guest rooms, laundry, stocking supplies, light maintenance, etc.
• Providing support to welcome center including but not limited to: answering phones, general inquiries, addressing guest housing issues, etc.
FOOD SERVICE CREW
• Assist Food Service Team by learning and serving in all aspects of the RTC experience as it relates to food service including: cleaning, baking, cooking, dishes, food preparation and storage, general kitchen/dining hall clean-up, etc.
• Assist Food Services team in maintaining a great guest dining experience including: cleaning and maintaining buffets, drink station, table settings and dining room
• Assisting in receiving and handling incoming groceries and other camp supplies
STORE/COFFEE SHOP CREW
• Assist Store Crew by learning all aspects of the RTC experience as it relates to retail including: daily town runs for mail and other department needs
• Keep clear records regarding charges, purchases and reimbursements
• Clerk the General Store, Hunny Pot, or coffee shop as scheduled
• Keep shelves adequately stocked and clean
• Rearrange book and merchandise displays occasionally to keep displays “alive” as pertaining to each camp
• Responsible to prepare inventory of General Store and keep records of same
• Run daily and weekly “till,” balancing self-serve cash box and cash register as necessary
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 3/10/2020 10:04:08 AM