Search Page | Back to Results
Kidder Creek Program Leadership Apprentice
Seasonal 40-52 Hours Weekly
The Kidder Creek (“KC”) Program Leadership Apprentice position works alongside the Director of KC learning to provide leadership and oversight for assigned areas of responsibility, ensuring the effective execution of our mission to bring our guests into a natural adventure that allows them to encounter Jesus in life-transforming ways in a manner consistent with the mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs of MHA
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assist with marketing as directed including, but not limited to, providing content, posting to social media, making phone calls and visits with families and group leaders and other marketing areas as needed with an emphasis on long-term relationship building with our constituents.
- Supervise and run assigned KC programs as assigned directly or by delegating to program leads and their teams and evaluating and improving programs in the areas of adventure, fun, safety and spiritual effectiveness, as well as hosting shoulder-season groups.
- Assist with the development of programs including activities and games, curriculum planning, writing and scheduling.
- Oversee, as assigned, the recruiting, hiring, training, performance and development of KC Summer Staff, as well as some hourly and volunteer staff,
- Perform administrative duties of scheduling, bus transport, time sheets, turn in receipts, operate programs within assigned budget, reserve campsites, etc. and coordinate logistics for programs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Direct supervisory responsibility includes the authority to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or discipline subordinate employees or effectively recommend such actions. This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for these positions:
- Program staff in areas for which you are responsible including hourly, summer staff and volunteers
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith, yet still able to disciple and mentor others in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in related field.
- WFR or higher certification, CPR.
- Adventure education and training related to KC Program Areas including: Rock Climbing, Aquatics, Backpacking, Adventure Course, Whitewater Rafting and overnight Adventure-based residential camp programs.
- 2-4 years’ previous camp experience preferred.
- 1-2 years’ management experience preferred.
- 1-2 years’ previous ministry experience (paid or volunteer) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter, hard-working and commitment to follow-through.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong relational management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently within MS Office suite software programs.
- Ministry-minded; ability to disciple and mentor and effectively share the gospel and teach others to do so as well.
The physical environment at KC requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, hiking long distances on varied terrain, swimming, climbing, shouting, ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 60 lbs., and engage in general physical play with children and youth. Position requires ability to hear, speak and see clearly in adverse conditions.
- Regular office hours as well as field hours; Travel will be required from May 15 - October 15 for up to a week at a time during the program season as well as during the fall recruiting trip in November. Additional travel may also be required for marketing and recruiting trips, staff day, staff retreat, and CCCA as well as additional training that could be from 1 - 5 days in length.
- Unpaid furlough from December 15 – January 15.
- Job requires living in a remote rural part of Northern California for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in MHA’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, or valid work permit, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Updated: 3/9/2020 12:45:36 PM