Search Page | Back to Results
The Wrangler II role involves serving campers and guests through multiple horsemanship activities. Wranglers are responsible for the safety of the campers, care of the horses, managing of facilities, Sky Ranch’s famous camp rodeo, programmed events, and helping connect the bible study curriculum in a hands-on way during their time with the campers. Wranglers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of all horse activities and maintaining the livery and its livestock throughout the entire summer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the well-being of all animals on the ranch.
• Steward all equipment and supplies.
• Promote a safe environment for all campers, staff and animals.
• Conduct classes for ministry programs, including but not limited to Summer Camp, Outdoor Education.
• Lead group trail rides and activities for Retreats guests and Outdoor Education classes.
• Drive trucks with trailers (people movers) to various locations as needed.
• Assist the Head Wrangler and leadership staff in providing a program and environment that nurtures spiritual growth for campers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Some secondary education preferred.
• Three plus years of working with and being around horses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• CPR, first aid and AED certified.
• In-depth understanding of the field of animal husbandry and horses.
• Basic working knowledge of MS Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
• Fun, compassionate, responsible, good hygiene, physically capable to participate in all camp activities. Interest and desire to keep camper’s safe.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to effectively facilitate small group classes.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), co-workers and peers.
• Proven successful leadership experience; ability to build unity amongst a team and motivate them to work together toward a common mission.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Guests and livestock professionals.
EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY
• Livestock facilities and Rodeo arena.
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently for moving and carrying objects, with need to carry 50 pounds on occasion.
• Must be able to ride a horse for extended duration and / or distance.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping, falling from a horse.
• Works outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements. Also works often in an environment with dust, hay, horse hair and manure.
• Risks in work environment include but are not limited to slipping, tripping, falling from a horse
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 2/12/2020 9:53:21 AM