Search Page | Back to Results
-On Site Housing
The Program Director at Camp Istrouma is a full time, year round salaried position with onsite housing that will be responsible for leading our summer camp program, while the rest of the year will mostly consist of planning, promoting, and developing the summer camp program and occasional weekend retreats. In addition, this position will be responsible for hosting and coordinating activities for guests.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Management; Leisure Studies OR related field, plus two years’ experience in camp management/ministry or recreation programming.
• A high-integrity, committed follower of Christ demonstrated through active membership in a local church, with a heart for ministry and a passion for helping others grow in their walk with the Lord.
• A love for and proven ability to work with youth.
• A team oriented individual who values team success over individual accomplishment and relates well with others in a collaborative environment.
• Proficient at office software and experience with camp management software a plus.
• Has a desire to see all those that participate in Camp Istrouma programs experience God in a transformational way.
• Proven success in leadership and administration at a Christian camp, retreat center or similar organization in the area of youth ministry, summer camp, outdoor education or retreat programming.
• A highly energetic, creative, and relational visionary with a passion for reaching youth and adults for Christ through relevant camp and retreat programs.
• Capable of developing new summer programming and enhancing existing ones.
• Planning, organizing, marketing, and oversight of the summer program, which includes residential, and day camp, service leadership programs, as well as occasional Camp Istrouma’s sponsored weekend retreats.
• Lead and manage a team of summer staff and part time workers, including developing an effective training, discipleship, and leadership development strategy.
• Ensure follow-up with summer camper through correspondence and other suitable methods.
• Recruitment of staff for summer camp by visiting churches, universities, colleges, and other appropriate venues.
• Work with the Executive Director in the planning of annual events.
• Work with the Executive Director to appropriately staff sponsored events using paid staff and volunteers as appropriate.
• Host retreat groups on weekends and coordinate their activities during the off-season.
• Train, schedule, supervise and evaluate support staff (i.e. lifeguards and facilitators for group’s activities).
• Develop and provide appropriate specialized programming for non-sponsored camp events. (i.e. school groups, corporate groups, community groups, etc.).
• Work with youth pastors and leaders in the planning and execution of Camp Istrouma sponsored youth events.
• Help develop and implement an effective strategy for promotion and marketing of all Camp Istrouma programs in order to maximize capacity and ministry opportunities, through print, web, and in-person promotional strategies.
• Attract potential campers by involvement in churches and local communities.
• Make recommendations and assist with the preparation of the budget as it pertains to the program area.
• Effectively manage the program budget to ensure good stewardship of all Camp Istrouma resources that enables ministry well into the future.
• Must be available to work long hours and weekends.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment for guests and staff.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with a team of full time staff to effectively carry out Camp Istrouma’s mission and vision.
• Exercise authority in enforcing all camp regulations to include training, disciplinary procedures, investigations, and terminations.
• Participate in camp work projects when needed and available.
• Work with full time staff to operate and maintain all of our program areas and equipment (pool, lake, ropes course, zip line, climbing wall, paintball course, hiking trails, and others).
• Maintain education that helps grow the Program Director’s position and Camp Istrouma through study and attendance of workshops, camping conferences and other training sessions.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 12/18/2019 11:40:21 AM