Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Program Director
General Description: The primary purpose of the Program Director (PD) is to provide leadership, direction, and management of camp’s programs and retreats. The PD will work with the camp staff in the daily operation and strategic development of Camp Frederick. The PD will ensure that Camp’s programs reflect Camp’s mission to inspire Christ-like change, as we, Love God by applying the truth of Scripture, Love People by engaging them in authentic relationships, and Love creation by maximizing camps natural setting.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
• Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ
• Creative, flexible, servant-hearted and a team-player.
• A desire to work with and lead college-aged staff, as well as being able to interact with guests of all ages.
• Able to lead small and large groups of people.
• Willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities when required.
• Desired bachelor’s level degree in related field
• Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills.
• Leadership skills, with management experience preferred.
• Public speaking experience.
• Ability to design, and implement a creative summer program.
• Bible study leadership experience.
• Committed to Camp Frederick mission, outdoor ministry, and faith development
Responsible to: The PD is a member of the management team and reports to the Camp Executive Director.
Compensation Package: Salary ($20,000 – $25,000), flexible work schedule during rental and retreat season. Meals are provided for the staff members and immediate family during the summer when guests are provided with meals. During the Camp season (May-Aug) the PD is required to live on-site.
• Ability to assist campers and other staff in emergency situations
• Strength and endurance to maintain supervision of campers
• Ability to communicate effectively with, campers, parents, other staff, and visitors
• Visual and auditory ability to recognize environmental hazards
• Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply appropriate behavioral management techniques
• Ability to enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
• Program direction and leadership for all camp programs
• Evaluate and improve existing programs.
• Develop new programs.
• Assist in recruiting, training, coordinating, evaluating, and supporting program staff and volunteers.
• Promote staff unity, trust, harmony and spiritual growth.
• Propose annual expense budgets in assigned areas (Program – all retreats, Craft Supplies, Nature, Snack Shack Food and Snack Shack Merchandise)
• Assist in summer staff orientation/ training.
• Assist in fundraising efforts.
• Manage assigned budget responsibilities.
• Work with the management staff to develop and implement marketing strategies to fill retreats.
• Manage Snack Shack merchandise – purchasing, sales, and inventory.
• Visit churches and other organizations in order to promote Camp Frederick.
• Support office procedures and operations.
• Oversee the planning and coordinating of school trips and retreats to develop quality and diverse programming options.
• Attend professional training seminars/conferences as needed or required.
• Work in coordination with Marketing Committee in order to promote camp through social media and website.
• Other duties might be added or changed depending on the person’s skills and desires.
This job will be performed primarily on location at Camp Frederick with frequent travel for marketing and recruiting for summer staff purposes. You will be asked to work above and beyond a “normal” 40 hour week much of the time, but adequate time off to renew physically and spiritually will be given to you.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 60 lbs., sit in office, hike on hilly terrain, stand all day, and be willing to get your hands dirty.
Work Environment: Most work will be done throughout campus, including indoors and outdoors. This may include working in inclement weather conditions throughout the year.
Ideal Candidate would possess:
• Ropes Course/ Climbing experience/certification
• Lifegaurd, first-aid, CPR training/certification
• Familiar with American Camping Association (ACA) standards
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. Also, all camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation, but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done. This Job Description is not entirely comprehensive of all tasks required by this position.
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. It is our desire to be excellent in all we do and become a leader in our industry. However, just like each of us, we have many shortcomings but hope to
use even those to serve Jesus Christ. Camp becomes a family in many ways and it takes a unified team in order to function to the best of our ability.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/31/2019 11:21:09 AM