Search Page | Back to Results
Activity Maintenance Technician
Activity Maintenance Technician
If you have a passion for understanding customers want and like to work with a high performing team at a ministry that serves over 55,000 young people a year, we want to talk to you.
SpringHill is looking for an Activity Maintenance Technician at our Michigan Overnight location. The Activity Maintenance Technician works with maintaining and conduct inspections of the activities offered at SpringHill.
What does the Activity Maintenance Technician do?
The Activity Maintenance Technician maintains and inspects current activities at SpringHill camps including but not limited to High Adventure, Target Sports, and Equestrian activities. The Activity Maintenance Technician will also become the organizational expert in all of our mobile activities for our Day Camp program. In addition to maintenance, the Activity Maintenance Technician will be responsible for training staff in safely operating and facilitating activities.
• . Communicate Activity Staff/Activity Volunteer schedules and oversee the
• . Oversight of all activity areas including documentation, repairs, maintenance,
continuous improvement, budgeting and updating activity manuals to ensure
consistency with current practices and standards.
• . Facilitate activities for guests in all activity areas and assist the Activity Director
by observing guests during their participation in activities to problem solve as
• . Assist in the training of summer and seasonal staff
• . Assist with the coordination of the Practicum Staff, Activity Instructors, and
seasonal staff during retreat season and the Summer Activity Leaders and
Activity Instructors during the summer season by supporting, training, coaching
and developing individuals professionally and personally as Christian Leaders.
• . Assist in making sure Activities operate in a way consistent with Manuals,
ACCT standards and are in line with ACA and CCCA standards.
• . Travel for additional training and evaluations of staff on-site at our multiple
locations throughout the mid-west. On-site repair of vertical Reality Combo
units and other mobile activity services and maintenance.
• Commitment to the mission and ministry philosophy of SpringHill
• Bachelor’s Degree in Outdoor Education, Recreation Management, Experiential
Education or related field preferred.
• Excellent and well developed written and oral communication skills
• Experience and/or certification in three or more of the following areas; target
sports, aquatics, high adventure, equine, crafts, project management, etc and a
willingness to acquire expertise/certification in other areas.
• A minimum of ACCT level 2 certification within the first year of employment,
and the ability to get an ACCT Challenge Course Manager Certificate within 2
years. American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification within the first year of
• Maintenance, building, construction or project management experience is
• Must be able to lift, bend, and twist
• Ability to push and pull loads
• Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with
• Good hand-eye coordination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/25/2019 10:29:12 AM