Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Kitchen Manager- Van
The Food Service Manager supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by planning and preparing delicious meals for guests. This person is responsible for the Food Service at all of the kitchens and dining halls at the camp. The Food Service Manager helps exceed guest expectations of the overall camp experience by providing healthy, timely meals and a quality dining experience. This person must exhibit excellent use of food service equipment and be able to organize and manage a shift of cooks and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead all facets of food service at the camp. This includes but is not limited to:
o Manage and lead all cook staff with all meal prep to serve up 900 guests and staff per meal during the summer and meeting the varying needs of the retreat season.
o Ensure that guests are served a reasonable variety of meal options with plenty of food available for all guests, all in a timely manner to fit the daily program schedule.
o Ensure that all food is properly cooked and prepared according to all health standards.
o Plating and serving meals in a visually appeasing manner to ensure that guests are welcomed.
o Maintain a clean and orderly work environment within the kitchen and dining areas. Ensure that all areas are properly cleaned and sanitized according to all applicable health codes.
o Follow all kitchen and food safety standards.
o Ensure food storage is done according to health codes and all storage equipment is working properly. Assist in inventory control.
o Identify any food allergies or sensitivities, so that all guests are treated and served well.
o Plan menu and food ordering for a variety of guest groups to maintain and/or beat a set budget.
o Manage regular staff on execution of all food service tasks. This includes scheduling, ensuring quality work, and any follow-up for correcting action.
o Lead cook/chef
o Maintain proper training in handling food for all new hires and current staff.
o Maintain Food Manager’s certificate
o Enroll staff in a yearly Food Handler’s Class
• Prepare and proofread letters, memos, and other correspondence accurately and timely.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Submit recommendations for improving processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Some college preferred
• Minimum of three to five years food service experience.
• One to two years management experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Food Manager’s certificate is required.
• Knowledge of safety procedures appropriate to duties.
• Excellent cooking skills and understanding of working in a commercial kitchen.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Great proficiency with managing a departmental budget and demonstrated knowledge of commercial food ordering.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills, and take appropriate level of initiative.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability and cooperation. Demonstrates principles of One Sky.
• Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English. Professional and accurate communication with others. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; good listening skills.
• Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
• Excellent, professional written communication skills.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
EXTERNAL CONTACTS (if applicable)
• Vendors, guests, and independent contractors
IMPACT ON EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY
• Dining Hall/Kitchen Equipment and property
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Works primarily indoors in a kitchen, dining hall, or office environment.
• Some limited exposure to physical risk while working with cooking equipment.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/22/2020 10:59:42 AM