Search Page | Back to Results
Retreat Coordinator & Activities Manager
The Activities and Retreat Coordinator manages operations of the Activities Department, supporting the ministries of Sky Ranch, providing an excellent and safe experience for all retreat guests, and assisting in Safety Management and day-to-day Guest Operations. This position has staff supervision responsibility for activity/program support. Expected outcomes include assuring compliance to maintain ACA accreditation for Sky Ranch and optimizing guest expectations of the overall retreat experience and coordinating guests’ activities and needs with all other departments. Further, the position plays a key role in integrating Sky Ranch’s Christian mission, principles and teachings into activities and messaging associated with family, leadership and other camps and retreats. Safety consciousness and activity policies and procedures will be developed and maintained by the Activities and Retreat Coordinator. Additionally, this position serves in a sales role, booking new retreats for current and new guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all aspects of the Activities Department, including managing the departmental budget.
• Manage, as applicable, part time retreat staff, and summer staff.
• Collaborate with Summer Camp team to develop the activity schedule and ensure an exceptional camp experience.
• Coordinate activity trainings and safety trainings.
• Order equipment and supplies for activities year-round.
• Lead and facilitate the Activity Committee, a group of directors and managers that help set the vision for activities across camp.
• Oversee the development of all activity policies and procedures.
• Manage recruitment for all Activities positions throughout the year, in advance of need and within budget.
• Establish timelines and priorities for department and staff.
• Work with retreat group leaders and their guests seeking to exceed their expectations during their time at Sky Ranch. Performance is satisfactory when:
o Guests are served in a manner that reflects their importance to us.
o Any situation where we fail to satisfactorily serve a guest is brought to the attention of the appropriate leadership and discussed accordingly.
o The position works directly with group leaders and potential customers through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, tours, and emails.
o All departments are well informed and running efficiently to best serve guests.
o Meeting room setup for each group is managed effectively.
o Guests are transported as needed, as well as greeted and hosted.
o Meals for each group are coordinated and hosted.
o The guests’ total experience at Sky Ranch are consistently evaluated.
• Conduct marketing and sales for retreats. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to
o Conduct cold calls and church visits during the summer.
o Book new groups and rebook existing customers.
o Receive and process incoming contracts, deposits, and final payments.
o Generate and compile documents on a weekly basis including info sheets and score reports, among other things.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Track up-sales and over-minimums on weekends.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of three years of related experience in camp ministry.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• In-depth understanding of the field of retreats and camping.
• In-depth understanding of the field of challenge course, water safety, and shooting safety generally acquired through certifications, trainings, and general experience.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, motivation and scheduling.
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers and peers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, including encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and/or retreats as required.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Excellent, professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Prospective guests (youth and parents) and retreat customers
IMPACT ON EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY
• Activities equipment – Water-related/ROPES
• Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
• Requires complete physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under equipment; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Some travel included which could entail recruiting, conferences, and other trips.
• Works indoors in normal office environment 50% of the time; outdoors 50% of the time.
• Limited exposure to physical risk such as working at higher elevations, working in pools or lake; leading physical sporting and challenge course activities.
• Must be able to drive a car and golf cart.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and some weekends.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/27/2019 9:50:37 AM