Search Page | Back to Results
At a place in life that you want to be sharpened? To be part of a ministry that is transformative and making an impact in the surrounding communities? Does building a healthy culture and a strong sustainable team energize you? If this resonates with you, we look forward to further conversation with you.
The Executive Director provides broad strategic leadership of Kenbrook Bible Camp in all facets of its ministry. This position is responsible to the Kenbrook Board of Directors. Major responsibilities include vision setting and organizational leadership, development and marketing, and programmatic and operational oversight. Visit kenbrook.org/jobs/ or see below for full job description. Send resume to the Kenbrook Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Kenbrook Executive Director" in subject line.
Kenbrook Bible Camp
Mission Statement: To be like Christ in all relationships to facilitate a closer connection to God, self, others and nature.
Purpose: To provide broad strategic leadership of Kenbrook Bible Camp in all facets of its ministry.
Responsible to: The Kenbrook Board of Directors
Essential Qualities and Characteristics:
- A devoted follower of Jesus Christ who exudes that faith in his/her life and leadership.
- A person respected by others for his/her integrity and character.
- Deeply committed to the spiritual and relational value of camp and retreat ministry.
- Flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat operations, while maintaining appropriate boundaries for self-care.
- Understanding of the Christian church as the body of Christ which transcends denominations, nations, cultures, and all temporal affiliations.
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the history and heritage of Kenbrook as he/she leads into the future.
- Supportive of the core values and doctrine of the Brethren in Christ Church and willing to lead Kenbrook accordingly.
- Committed to maintaining a strong connection between Kenbrook and the Atlantic Conference of the Brethren in Christ Church and its individual congregations.
- Prior leadership related experience required; Bachelor’s degree and past camp/retreat experience preferred.
Vision Setting and Organizational Leadership:
*This will occupy approximately 40% of the role
- Lead the continuing development of the overall vision and direction of Kenbrook Bible Camp, in concert with the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, its subcommittees, and its individual members.
* It is expected that this will occupy approximately 40% of the role.
- Personally responsible to facilitate positive communication and relationships of the camp with donors, churches, alumni, and the community.
- Personally responsible provide for effective and fruitful fundraising among individuals, churches, businesses and other funders through individual contacts, fundraising events, and other marketing efforts.
- Develop and oversee an effective marketing plan of Kenbrook’s various programs and services to the churches of the Atlantic Conference of the Brethren In Christ Church, other local churches, and the general community.
Programmatic Oversight/ Operations:
*It is expected that this will occupy approximately 20% of the role.
- As far as it depends on Kenbrook and its staff, ensure a positive experience for all of Kenbrook’s guests.
- Ensure the growth and development of a high-quality youth summer camp and year-round retreat programming for all ages.
- Provide supervision and leadership of: Director of Guest Relations, Maintenance Director, Youth Program Director, Head Cook, Head of Housekeeping, Bookkeeper, and Office Assistant.
- Provide for the hiring, support, evaluation, and firing of staff in order to provide a dynamic team of committed, encouraged, united, and positive people who understand and support the mission and ministry of Kenbrook.
- Oversee operational management and administration of the camp, including formulation of policies and procedures.
- Provide for the stewardship of Kenbrook’s natural resources and maintenance of its buildings and infrastructure.
- Financial management, including development and oversight of the annual budget.
Note: This position description does not state or imply that the duties enumerated here are the only duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to or expected of this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties necessary to fufill the mission/vision of the ministry. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 3/6/2020 8:39:38 AM