Search Page | Back to Results
Youth Ministries Director
Camp Timber-lee, one of the Midwest’s largest year-round operational Christian camps, is seeking an energetic, self motivated individual who is passionate about leading today’s youth to a life filled with Jesus.
With a multitude of activities to participate in at our ranch, waterfront areas, Science Education Center and Timber Challenge courses, Timber-lee attracts and serves individuals, schools and churches through our camp, retreat and outdoor education programs. Our mission, “to create engaging communities where each young person encounters Christ through a dynamic camp experience,” is evident throughout.
In support of our mission, and to ensure our mission remains relevant with the ever-changing youth culture, our Youth Ministries Director will be a catalyst in directing all Christian education and youth discipleship opportunities for both existing and future programs. This includes:
• Develop youth camper resources/curriculum.
• Search for, schedule and collaborate with speakers, musicians and other resources to accomplish Christian education, worship and/or discipleship objectives.
• Recruit, select, train and supervise staff involved in camper care and student discipleship.
• Oversee and lead the Youth Ministry Team to accomplish ministry objectives.
Other responsibilities include:
• Plan, propose and implement operational budgetary objectives for specific activities and initiatives.
• Assist, and work in concert with, the advancement team by providing needed information for marketing and communication purposes.
• Provide oversight of team’s responsibility in coordinating and executing offsite promotions.
• Coordinate all camper follow-up activities and efforts.
• Supportive of Trinity’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle and demonstration of character in keeping with biblical models.
• Bachelor’s degree in children or youth ministry, Christian education or Bible preferred.
• At least three years leading teams in effective children or youth ministry.
• Ability to traverse the multi-terrain campground during all seasons.
• Demonstrates motivational, creative and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge about current media tools effective within youth ministry.
• Demonstrates experience managing multiple projects, both individually and within a team, to accomplish mission outcomes.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/6/2019 8:34:58 AM