Search Page | Back to Results
Camp and Conference Director
Alliance Redwoods is a Christian and Missionary Alliance conference center in Northern California operating year-round, serving approximately 55,000 guests a year, with an annual budget of about $9M+. ARCG is comprised of three ministries: Camps and Conferences, Sonoma Canopy Tours, and Outdoor Education.
Lead and manage all aspects of the Guest Services, Accommodations and Maintenance teams – having combined budgets in excess of $3.0 Million and 30+ year-round staff -- to ensure ARCG meets the needs of our 32,000+ annual overnight guests. The Camp and Conference Director is responsible for ensuring our guests have an excellent experience.
• Own ARCG’s end to end Guest Experience
• Serve on the Alliance Redwoods executive leadership team
• Lead and oversee the Guest Services, Accommodations, and Maintenance teams
• Lead implementation of large capital investment initiatives
• Develop and foster a cooperative and cohesive team environment and ensure positive teamwork within and across departments
• Lead the Cross-Team Readiness Meeting ensuring high-level of guest satisfaction
• Lead process improvements to better meet guest needs and department goals
• Hire, supervise and ensure staff are scheduled and trained to perform duties to ARCG standards
• Develop and manage department budgets
• Travel and meet with key guest group leaders with the intention of building strong working relationships with our largest guest groups, ensuring they see ARCG as a key partner in their ministry/organization
• Serve as a key communicator of the mission of ARCG to various constituencies and stakeholders including individuals, churches, local organizations, local government, and other organizations
• Provide written and verbal reports to other Directors and Board of Trustees related to all areas of Camps and Conference Division
• Must live onsite
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
This position requires proven supervisory, communication and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to problem solve and lead through influence. Strong project management skills, attention to detail and thoroughness, and the ability to handle multiple tasks are essential in this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
• Minimum of five years’ management experience (10 years preferred) working at the Director level. Must have supervisory experience of front-line managers along with programmatic and budgetary planning and control.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff members, Board of Trustees, regulatory agencies, donors, conference leaders, and guests of all ages
• Requires that you are a professing, growing follower of Christ leading your teams spiritually and building high trust communities
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Camp Director
Updated: 9/13/2019 6:44:08 PM