Search Page | Back to Results
Sous Chef - Employment Classification: Full Time Hourly - Reports To: Food Service Director
• To be part of the team producing high-quality buffet meals in the Purdy Center during the conference season and to oversee all aspects of the Hill Kitchen during the summer season.
• Reports directly to Food Service Director/Executive Chef. During the year, may be assigned as supervisor of seasonal personnel as needed.
• Prepare assigned portions of each meal as assigned by the Food Service Director/Executive Chef, working as a part of the team of chefs and assistants in the kitchen. Will be in a leadership role.
• Train and supervise temporary personnel as assigned by the Food Service Director/Executive Chef.
• Participate in the maintenance and cleaning of the kitchens.
• Will oversee total operation of the Hill Kitchen during the summer, including menu planning with the Food Service Director/Executive Chef, training of the summer staff, supervising the opening and closing of the Hill for the season.
• Position may include ordering, menu planning and food control.
• Other duties as necessary.
• Christ-follower who is committed to personal growth.
• Sign agreement with the Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith as stated in the COTW Staff Guidelines.
• Candidate must hold a culinary degree and/or demonstrate proficiency in preparing food as required in the Purdy Kitchen and the Hill Kitchen.
• Candidate must be able to work as part of a team in a demanding job. He/she must be organized, prompt, and willing to work long hours and weekends when necessary.
• Person that is energetic, persevering, industrious and creative.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 8/9/2019 3:09:59 PM