Search Page | Back to Results
School Programs Event Coordinator
The School Programs Event Coordinator schedules and coordinates exciting and effective camp experiences for 4th through 12th grade students at both on-site and off-site camp locations as part of Sky Ranch’s Outdoor Education and Student Development program offerings. The primary responsibilities include scheduling groups, generating group contracts, and serving as the primary liaison with groups during assigned weeks. Assist in carrying out assigned work projects as required for program upgrades and maintenance. This position also assists with set-up and teaching of class units as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage all administrative aspects of on-camp and off-camp groups participating through the School Programs department for their assigned week.
• Coordinate events on rotating weeks of responsibility with another Event Manager. Duties will include:
o Generate, submit and retrieve of school groups contracts and follow up on signed contracts and deposits not returned by the schools.
o Coordinate trip schedules and class selections with school groups.
o Schedule classes and staff for all schools during his/her assigned weeks.
o Assure sufficient supplies are available and equipment is in working order for his/her assigned weeks.
o Provide primary oversight, coordination, management, and troubleshooting with groups on camp during assigned weeks.
o Issue final invoices, collect payment, and follow up on unpaid receivables.
o Serve as on-call point of contact for evening staff and fellows during assigned weeks.
o Serve as the primary point of contact and coordination for all schools attending camp during the manager’s assigned weeks.
o Serve as the primary contact for other camp departments with issues involving groups attending during weeks assigned to the manager.
• Assist with projects as needed for program maintenance and upgrade.
• Work closely with the School Programs, Retreats, and Programs Leadership teams to make sure all staff needs are considered as planning his/her assigned events.
• Lead a team of 15 to 20 students, 4th – 12th grades, as they participate in Outdoor Education/Student Development camps.
• Assist School Programs leadership with preparation, set up and cleanup of OE/Student Development events
• Create a fun and exciting learning environment.
• Deliver educational content according to camp design and objective.
• Facilitate recreational activities.
• Carry out assigned work projects as required for program upgrade or maintenance.
• Assist other camp departments as needed.
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Work one, occasionally two, week nights a week during the non-summer months; must be able to work occasional overtime as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably with an Education concentration.
• Two years of experience in the field of Outdoor Education and/or event planning.
• Experience working with kids in a camp setting preferred.
• In-depth understanding of the field of education.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
• Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings as required.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through email. Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Physical effort required on a routine basis includes ability to use up to 20 pounds of force frequently for moving and carrying objects.
• Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under areas such as desks; facilitating recreational equipment; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladders.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
• Work outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements.
• Standing, bending and walking while teaching students.
• Work indoors in normal office environment for 10% to 25% of the work day.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Outdoor Education
Updated: 11/27/2019 9:55:33 AM