Search Page | Back to Results
Executive Director, Portage Lake Covenant Bible Camp
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Portage Lake Covenant Bible Camp (“Camp”). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Camp (“Board”).
• Works with Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission. Responsible for leading the Camp in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as an affiliated entity of the Great Lakes Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church (“GLC”).
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability
• Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Camp, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization in harmony with the Financial Reporting Requirements for GLC Affiliated Entities (August 2018).
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Camp’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy
• Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of the Camp’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Camp can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of the Camp’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Prioritizes and strives to meet the camping ministry needs of GLC churches whenever possible.
• Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of the Camp operations.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for signing notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
• An active faith in Jesus Christ in harmony with the principles established by the Evangelical Covenant Church.
• Candidate must either be Commissioned with the Evangelical Covenant Church (https://covchurch.org/vocational-ministry/credentialing/permanent/commissioning/) or agree to become Commissioned on terms to be mutually agreed.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership.
• Three or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of the Camp’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and other volunteers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• Strong public speaking ability.
Actual Job Responsibilities
• Planning and operation of annual budget.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Camp.
• Serving as the Camp’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state of Michigan and the Evangelical Covenant Church and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Camp’s Mission.
• Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board.
Compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 7/10/2019 4:30:19 PM