Search Page | Back to Results
POSITION SUMMARY: Maranatha Camp & Retreat Center is looking for a full-time, highly motived, self-starter to manage the kitchen department. A successful candidate will be able to serve high quality food in a timely manner to over 10,000 guests annually. Experience in a commercial kitchen is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan weekly meetings with the Operations Director to discuss guest satisfaction, budget, and spoils.
• Keep the kitchen and summer staff organized for efficient production of meals.
• Plan menus, keep an accurate inventory, and prepare food orders.
• Supervise all kitchen and dining hall staff and volunteers.
• Evaluate and create procedures for efficient management of the kitchen and dining hall.
• Maintain a current knowledge of all Dept. of Health regulations and ensure compliance.
• Supervise the production of all meals. Help cook as necessary.
• Work to create and maintain an environment that encourages spiritual growth for all kitchen and dining hall workers.
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness for the kitchen and dining hall facilities.
• Ensure excellent food service for guests with food allergies and special diets.
• Have experience working as a kitchen manager with multiple staff members/team leaders under your supervision.
• Passion and ability to cook from scratch for large numbers of people, ranging in group size from 25-700
• A heart for blessing people through exceptional food service.
• Have experience in full-course meal preparation and presentation, including the specialization of adult and family clientele.
• Understanding of different dietary needs and restrictions in our current culture.
• Ability to produce cafeteria and banquet style meals.
• Have experience in operating commercial kitchen equipment.
• Must be willing to learn new techniques and leadership skills.
• Have the ability to lead and work with young people and volunteers.
• Able to lead by example with a Christ-like attitude, and keep prayer part of the work process
and a servant’s heart to our guests and staff.
• Will need a working knowledge of computer programs, i.e. Excel, Google Docs, etc.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Updated: 7/9/2019 3:08:42 PM