Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Manager
Food Service Manager:
If serving guests great food and doing so with genuine hospitality defines you then Mile High Pines is the place for you. Mile High Pines is a 330 bed Christian youth camp with nearly seventy-five years of rich history. It is located in the heart of San Bernardino National Forest, California at 6,700 feet among tall pines and oaks. We serve guests year round. Our campers primarily come from churches, non-profits, and schools with 5-7th graders for our mid-week outdoor science school.
1. Supervise staff in all aspects of meal production and assign duties to ensure efficient and excellent service.
2. Maintain and train staff in food safety, equipment safety and sanitation according to Federal, State, and Local laws.
3. Maintain and train staff to keep dining area, kitchen and equipment clean, and in working order.
4. Oversee inventory, equipment, and supplies, and order from approved vendors
5. FIFO and restock deliveries.
6. Operating within the approved “per camper-per meal” budget.
7. Control cost with portion control, by minimizing waste, and with the effective and approved methods for the use of unserved food/leftovers.
8. Maintain and train staff to keep refrigerator and freezers clean, organized, with foods dated.
9. Maintain proper cooking and storage temperatures of ovens, refrigerators, freezers, etc.
10. Learn and implement procedures, organization, and traditions unique to MHP.
11. Implement the Values and Mission Statement of MHP and support the overall life, ministry, and culture.
12. Handle conflicts and resolve problems.
13. Place a high priority on customer service, hospitality, and seek excellence.
14. Wholeheartedly serve adult, youth, and staff with grace and flexibility.
15. Comfortable with building relationships with persons of all faiths, cultures, experiences, and backgrounds.
16. Online ordering, GroupMe, texting, software skills to generate recipes, menu and schedules, etc.
17. Plan, prep and serve on time, the highest standard of nutritious food from 25-375 campers and staff.
18. Knowledge and implementation of recipes for special dietary restrictions including but not limited to gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian, and diabetic foods and substitutes.
19. Recycle as indicated through the camp’s procedures.
20. Hire and/or assist with hiring, training, and scheduling of staff.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. A Degree in Food Service or Culinary Arts Degree with five years of experience in food service and three years of management experience. Consideration will be given for a certificate from college or technical school, and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must have a servant leadership style and be able to function in a team environment.
3. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Computer and technologically savvy
6. Have a current Serve Safe Manager Cert.
7. Able to work under pressure and at a fast pace.
8. Time management.
9. Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
10. Be capable of passing required background checks.
11. This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require an alcohol & drug test and Fit to Work assessment.
Weekly paid salary is competitive and based on experience. Housing and utilities are p provided when in the employ of Mile High Pines. Meals are available when campers are served. Five-day work weeks may require evenings, weekends and holidays.
You must be able to live and work in an environment with exposure to sun, rain, snow, uneven terrain and other elements. The employee is frequently exposed to fire, heat, steam, and noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the visual, auditory, cognitive and physical abilities to identify and respond to hazards and general kitchen activities including but not limited to; stand all day; walk; reach with hands/arms; talk; hear; taste or smell; climb a step stool, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/8/2019 11:41:47 AM