Search Page | Back to Results
Haven on the Rock Mission Statement:
We exist to proclaim Jesus as Lord and Savior, through the teaching of God’s Word, in the midst of providing a quality camp experience.
Reports to: Haven on the Rock Board of Directors
Salary Range: $30,000 to $35,000
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties:
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the organization, conducting its administration in accordance with policies set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is expected to uphold the camp’s mission statement throughout their daily life.
The Executive Director will supervise coordinators to undertake the following tasks. In some cases, depending on staffing patterns, the task may be the sole responsibility of the Executive Director.
- Spearheading strategic planning process and lead the general operations for the camp, which includes managing the logistics, calendars, and operations of ALL programs of the camp.
- Provide spiritual leadership for program coordinators; serve as a resource for their ministry programs and work toward developing them as spiritual leaders.
- Relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
- Fundraising (including grant research, writing, management, and reporting; special events planning; and developing an individual giving program).
- Annual budget development, financial management, and camp planning.
- Human resource management and policy development.
- Overseeing evaluation design.
- Representing Haven on the Rock in meetings and at public events.
- Work with coordinators to define job expectations for staff positions, delineating tasks, and conducting regular evaluations of coordinators.
- Lead coordinators in hiring, supervising, evaluating, and – if necessary – firing personnel, including contractors and salaried employees.
- Administering approved personnel policies.
- Working with Camp Coordinators, supervising production of all budgeted and approved camp activities.
- Coordinating marketing strategy and materials
- Participating at board meetings and on board committees
- Performing other duties as required by the board of directors
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ, with an active membership in a church.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Camp management experience including financial responsibilities preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are invited to visit Haven on the Rock during the summer camp season to check out what God is doing at our camp. Arrangements will be made upon receiving application materials.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 7/5/2019 9:05:50 PM