Search Page | Back to Results
SAMBICA is “a light on the lake” inspiring youth to a relationship with Jesus Christ since 1919.
To advance the mission and vision of SAMBICA by recruiting, hiring, and caring for the SAMBICA summer team. The annual goal is to hire the summer team of roughly 100 by the end of May.
The Big Three:
1. Constant focus on recruiting opportunities.
2. Provide excellent first contact and follow ups for potential team members.
3. Run systems and processes for summer team hiring.
• Help oversee pastoral care and Staff Experiences for the summer team during the summer.
• Conduct interviews by phone, video, online, and in person.
• Follow up with prospects in a way that is both timely and excellent.
• Assist with Human Resources processes (e.g. post-summer follow up, assist with post-hire paperwork, etc).
• Travel for college visits.
• Leading a portion of the summer team.
• Assist with Year Round Youth Programming and Events.
• Assist with Challenge Course Facilitation and other recreational activities.
• Summer Youth Programs planning and prep.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Youth Programs Director
• Absolute crazy love for Jesus!
• A love for children (Mark 10:14-15).
• A demonstrated enthusiasm for the experience of Christian camping is a must.
• Outstanding people skills.
• Presents a positive image to the public.
• Embraces the SAMBICA vision statement and lives out the SAMBICA Values.
• Demonstrates SAMBICA team member Attributes: Initiative, Team Player, Communication, Courage to take risks, and Love.
• Embraces SAMBICA Culture: Gossip Free Zone, Advice Culture, Seeking Solutions, Empowering Others, Team, and Fun.
• Sensitive to interdenominational needs and issues
• Self motivated and directed
• This is an entry level position built for someone looking to grow into a career in camping ministry.
• Strong proficiency with PC computers and Microsoft Office applications
• This position would be a great next step for a camp intern program graduate.
Reports to: Youth Program Director
Supervises: Summer Team, Interns, Volunteers
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Start Date: September 2019
This is an entry level full-time, salaried exempt position that includes paid time off as well as individual medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Shared housing may be available. Salary is DOE. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/5/2019 3:06:32 PM